• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, namisgr said:

First, there has to be a plateau in the number of new confirmed cases per day.  Mortality lags this indicator by 2-3 weeks.  Our hope for this week is to begin 'flattening the curve' by seeing a slowing in the daily number of new cases.  We're working off of a 1 day drop, according to the Johns Hopkins COVID Resource Center, so let's see if this is just variance or a true beginning in a slowdown of the rate of new infections in the US.

Anecdotally a friend's husband is a paramedic in NYC. He is spending his days picking up dead bodies from homes of older people families who think had heart attacks. He's pretty sure they are covid19. This guy was already an alcoholic, he must be off the deep end now. I wonder if these are being reflected in the death numbers as who has the time to autopsy these bodies of folks who had not gone to a hospital for treatment? The morgues are full. Freezer trucks are storing bodies. As for new confirmed cases...the people getting confirmed are likely desperately ill for the most part. If I just feel crappy I am not going to an E.R. to be tested where I will be exposed to a huge number of bona fide cases. I am wondering if it was incredibly stupid for me to go out and buy groceries yesterday. Of course, there were only about 40 people in the supermarket I went to, which is a HUGE place, like the size of multiple football fields.

1 minute ago, sfcityduck said:

My law firm has a large UK presence.  I get frequent bulletins on what is happening there.  I thought QE2 nailed her address, and the applause for health care workers was very inspiring.  The Brits appear to be confronting this crisis as they have many worse crises in living memory (Dunkirk, the Blitz, etc.), with their typical calm and reasoned reserve.  Over here, the populace does not have the family history and role models that are quite common in Britain.  We are much more insulated from the World.  I am proud of how my city, San Francisco, is handling the crisis and I think it has clearly helped.

you guys in SF are doing a decent job of it, better than us here in NYC.  but you guys have an underlying issue with your homeless getting it and spreading it like wild fire.  Watch for that.  that could be big

2 minutes ago, god503 said:

you will always have those tools no matter what.  Depends on your priorities.  I hope you guys on the other side of the pond stay safe.  I see the fatality rate is not looking so good.  Here in NYC we are packed like sardines coupled with the fact the huge longevity of this virus outside of the body.  

The death rate in the UK looks pretty terrible right now.

5 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Think is guilt if the jury is the one who thinks that.

Computer records are absolutely subject to disclosure in civil and criminal litigation.  I get or produce them in almost every case I litigate.  

i did not state the records are not subject to disclosure. the purpose for use is the issue, but this can go on and on, and not get anywhere. i will stick with the moral imperative as good enough in the present situation, for compliance authority.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Anecdotally a friend's husband is a paramedic in NYC. He is spending his days picking up dead bodies from homes of older people families who think had heart attacks. He's pretty sure they are covid19. This guy was already an alcoholic, he must be off the deep end now. I wonder if these are being reflected in the death numbers as who has the time to autopsy these bodies of folks who had not gone to a hospital for treatment? The morgues are full. Freezer trucks are storing bodies. As for new confirmed cases...the people getting confirmed are likely desperately ill for the most part. If I just feel crappy I am not going to an E.R. to be tested where I will be exposed to a huge number of bona fide cases. I am wondering if it was incredibly stupid for me to go out and buy groceries yesterday. Of course, there were only about 40 people in the supermarket I went to, which is a HUGE place, like the size of multiple football fields.

Have a wife who works in a NYC hospital  Shes a PT but since they have no patiences, they were relocated to help directly with covid patience.  she sees them die every day.  Mostly old with other issues

6 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Yes. To be frank, it's f*****n scary over here right now.

I am in NYC. With 2 kids I am very very grateful I live in a decent size house with a backyard and we're not in the apartment we used to inhabit. Privileged. And thank g-d my teenager is on board with the social distancing. During the week when his school closed he was not and was congregating with some teen girls around the corner, but by the weekend he was following the progrsm, understanding that while he may not be at a big risk, I am. And I do pay the mortgage.

Edited by the blob

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am in NYC. With 2 kids I am very very grateful I live in a decent size house with a backyard and we're not in the apartment we used to inhabit. Privileged.

You are, and good luck to you. I live alone in a very small flat and I cannot see any of my grown up kids. The only person I see (now only twice a week) in my mother who is completely housebound and is 90 tomorrow.

However I also feel lucky because no matter what I absolutely know many are much worse off than me.

Edit

Actually I meet my youngest daughter twice a week. We go on separate walks from different locations and meet in a park and walk and talk together for about an hour.

We keep our distance. There are no hugs, no kisses. It's pretty heartbreaking but at least I see her.

Edited by G G ®

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am in NYC. With 2 kids I am very very grateful I live in a decent size house with a backyard and we're not in the apartment we used to inhabit. Privileged.

same here 2 girls...  and a dog..  :)

1 minute ago, god503 said:

my job is to watch the kids, cook and clean and give sex to the wife when she gets home from work...  :banana:

I am working at home. Litigation apparently never ends. The monsters on the other side of my cases still want discovery that my clients are not in a position to give. I guess they expect them to risk their lives to get it and can't wait until May or June and the courts are unwilling to issue a complete stay. Thankfully all of my remaining briefing deadlines are in June or later.

Just now, the blob said:

I am working at home. Litigation apparently never ends. The monsters on the other side of my cases still want discovery that my clients are not in a position to give. I guess they expect them to risk their lives to get it and can't wait until May or June and the courts are unwilling to issue a complete stay. Thankfully all of my remaining briefing deadlines are in June or later.

I am doing some work from home pro bono for my boss  we are closed.  but STUPID PEOPLE asking stupid questions that cant wait a couple of months seems to be the norm lately

Just now, god503 said:

only if you belong to the group of people who likes to eat them..   :whistle:

If animals can contract COVID-19, then they have to follow quarantine rules too, right...?

Get a litter box for your dogs, folks, or you could be complicit...

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

If animals can contract COVID-19, then they have to follow quarantine rules too, right...?

Get a litter box for your dogs, folks, or you could be complicit...

makes sense since the virus STARTED in animals.   STUPID WET MARKETS!!!!!