• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know if CGC Will Close?
4 4

568 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Weed decreasing testosterone levels while increasing the uptake of estrogen. Alcohol doesn't do the same.

So does tofu. Alcohol makes many people violent. Weed makes people eat pizza and take a nap.

2 hours ago, G G ® said:

I dare say, but I'm not arguing about the merits of one drug compared to another. I'm merely saying, weed is not for me. Bad experiences tend to put you off. I'm sure some people have a whale of a time on it. It just doesn't agree with me.

You smoked an entire blunt. That should be shared among 8 people.

28 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Weed decreasing testosterone levels while increasing the uptake of estrogen. Alcohol doesn't do the same.

Also, read some more recent studies on the topic, which say the opposite. Haven't touched the stuff in 30 years, but there is a lot of propaganda.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

So does tofu. Alcohol makes many people violent. Weed makes people eat pizza and take a nap.

Alcohol doesn't make anyone do anything. What it does is to de-inhibit your self-control. Your common sense. That still small voice that holds you back from lashing out if you have that urge to. Alcohol inhibits your ability to check yourself before you wreck yourself or others. If it's in your nature to lash out violently, alcohol, pain killers, and any other type of drug or substance that mollifies your ability to control yourself, especially when teetering at that point of no return, should be avoided.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Also, read some more recent studies on the topic, which say the opposite. Haven't touched the stuff in 30 years, but there is a lot of propaganda.

95% of everything you hear is propaganda. Someone's agenda weaponized, made practical and then public. Weed kills your drive. Turns a shark into a guppy. Especially those that use it often. It does this by increasing the levels of other things in your body that inhibit not only testosterone production, but the efficiency of the body's receptors, a double whammy. Less keys and less key holes for the keys to fit into.

Edited by James J Johnson

14 minutes ago, the blob said:

You smoked an entire blunt. That should be shared among 8 people.

I told you I was naive,and young, and inexperienced. I consider it to have been a good life lesson for me personally. It completely turned me off drugs, so I never went down that road. I 'll take that as a win.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Alcohol does not make everyone violent. 

At my worst I have gathered tourists together in midtown and led them on a group singalong to the Beatles or other hijinx... @jaybuck43

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Alcohol does not make everyone violent. 

At my worst I have gathered tourists together in midtown and led them on a group singalong to the Beatles or other hijinx... @jaybuck43

"Many people" not everyone, not every time. I've never seen a stoner assault anyone. Anyway, alcohol abuse causes far more damage to comics!

Edited by the blob

Just now, the blob said:

"Many people" not everyone, not every time. I've never seen a stoner assault anyone.

Although I do not partake in the wacky tobaccy as Fr Ernest once called it, I have been to my fair share of Phish, Dead and Company and Jimmy Buffett shows.  I have never seen fights break out at those shows and they are some of the nicest approachable people around. 

However... fights?  Seen fistfights at Zac Brown at Citi Field to the level that at the next incident which happened in front of me near the stage... 

They stopped the show... 1:06:58

It was nice in the front too... a lot of drunken Long Island 'bros' ruined the experience.  We went to see ZBB at Jones Beach last year but when they announced a return to citi field for 2020 we didn't even bother getting tickets. 

On 4/2/2020 at 2:49 PM, Robot Man said:

"SAFER AT HOME" what a joke.

Can't go the beach here. First they shut down the parking lots then they had life guards drive up and take away the stupid one's "freedom" away and told them to go home. Drove by the beach this morning early on the way home from the store.  Nice 4' glassed off tubes with no one on them...

It suks, but I'm OK with it. The waves will always be there waiting for me.

Fortunately I live on the beach, I have access. Brevard County beaches are open for exercise only, no "lounging or sunbathing" ECT. Waves are going to be good for days. 51 cases of Corona in my entire county, going up about 3-5 cases a day from 7 almost 2 weeks ago to 51 today. 

Everyone be safe. I'm staying in the ocean or my chlorine pool customers pools... sterile environment.

Dont smoke weed anymore but when I did when i was younger it motivated the **** out of me.  I would work out for hours, draw, etc.  I think it enhances your interests.  If you're only interested in sitting around and playing video games thats what you'll get.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:42 PM, VintageComics said:

You should watch some video footage of people dying and hospitals being overwhelmed and you might feel differently about tourism.

Because if people continue to perpetuate the problem, this happens:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6736702/coronavirus-italy-surfing/

Stay safe Roy. I was saying Florida is shut down for tourism. Not sure how you interpretation of what I meant was. Our State is shut down for weeks now from an economic standpoint was my point. CGC staying open as I said,goes along with 90% of the rest of my area that isn't already shut down. State is tourism dependent and decimated. Almost no covid cases here, sad for the packed cities suffering, says something about beach living, less density of population and choices to remove out of town people early, including New York people flocking here under mandatory quarantine for 14 days and now not allowed to enter my county. The Sky's falling? Not here. And it won't because we acted on it, and are living our lives, home,on the beach

58 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Stay safe Roy. I was saying Florida is shut down for tourism. Not sure how you interpretation of what I meant was. Our State is shut down for weeks now from an economic standpoint was my point. CGC staying open as I said,goes along with 90% of the rest of my area that isn't already shut down. State is tourism dependent and decimated. Almost no covid cases here, sad for the packed cities suffering, says something about beach living, less density of population and choices to remove out of town people early, including New York people flocking here under mandatory quarantine for 14 days and now not allowed to enter my county. The Sky's falling? Not here. And it won't because we acted on it, and are living our lives, home,on the beach

I may have misunderstood you. I thought you said tourism was up and running.

I hope you don't have a rise in cases, but most southern states are now starting to see a rise in numbers. We'll know in a few weeks. It's about 3-4 weeks that it takes for a peak to hit if people are social distancing properly.

State safe, man!

5 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Almost no covid cases here, sad for the packed cities suffering, says something about beach living, less density of population and choices to remove out of town people early, including New York people flocking here under mandatory quarantine for 14 days and now not allowed to enter my county.

Not sure what you mean by no Covid-19 cases in Florida when the stats indicate that the state of Florida is ranked #7 in America with a total of 10,268 cases (only 135 cases away from being in #5 position :sick:) and 170 deaths to date, with both body counts still rising rapidly and nowhere close to the peak.  I guess you must have a death wish or something like that.  :screwy:

Compare that with Canada which has almost double the population, but yet has a much lower per capita count with a total count of 12,549 Covid-19 cases and 207 related deaths to date.  Or better yet, why not take a look at Taiwan which has population count of a couple million more citizens than Florida, yet they are already pretty much done and well on their way to exiting the Covid-19 curve with a measly total of only 355 Covid-19 cases and only a marginal 5 deaths to date.  :applause:

Now in terms of Taiwan with a rather dense population of 24 million people and its close proximity to China including direct flights coming in from Wuhan, that's definitely much closer to my definition of almost no Covid cases.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

I have had a sore throat for the past couple days. No dry cough/fever/lack of taste. But I have to say that after reading some of the conversations in this thread I vomited a few times.

Freedom from an existentialist point of view is a choice, and should be considered different then "Free Will". In a situation like what we are seeing before our very eyes freedom needs some restrictions-personal and enforced.

Most of us have the ability to choose between right and wrong, and this pandemic is not an argument of social Darwinism or some fairy tale from a comic book and it cannot be otherwise! anyone who suggests it is should take a long hard look at themselves and how they perceive the world. My immune system might be strong and not compromised, but I have the ability to choose to self isolate in order to protect those whose immune systems are.

The true definition of strength is to posses the ability to destroy and yet choosing to save and when it comes to fairy tales like Marvel comics it is the difference between a hero and a villain.

Edited by BaronSamedi

After working the door (security/checking IDs) in a bar that is close to one of the biggest universities in the country, I’ve definitely had my fill of drunk/high bar patrons.  I don’t do anything myself (straight edge) but I did try to exercise my “3 time” rule.  If the bar manager or head bartender of the shift deemed it necessary that you leave, I’d ask politely 3 times.  If you refused, the 4th wasn’t so nice.  Of course there was an instance once in a while that we skipped to the 4th right out of the gate.  I also really enjoyed booting people out of the bar for smoking weed or blowing coke in the bathroom.  And in my experience, women put up more of a hassle when they’re being unruly than men.  But the men were definitely quicker to get physical.

29 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

After working the door (security/checking IDs) in a bar that is close to one of the biggest universities in the country, I’ve definitely had my fill of drunk/high bar patrons.  I don’t do anything myself (straight edge) but I did try to exercise my “3 time” rule.  If the bar manager or head bartender of the shift deemed it necessary that you leave, I’d ask politely 3 times.  If you refused, the 4th wasn’t so nice.  Of course there was an instance once in a while that we skipped to the 4th right out of the gate.  I also really enjoyed booting people out of the bar for smoking weed or blowing coke in the bathroom.  And in my experience, women put up more of a hassle when they’re being unruly than men.  But the men were definitely quicker to get physical.

Any chance this place was in Tombstone Arizona? And was it known as a Bar or Saloon?:roflmao:

Sounds like you had some interesting times!