• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tangent Question- if you could buy AF #15, FF #1, or Hulk #1 OA pages, but could never tell anyone or share to anyone, would you want to
2 2

34 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Grant Turner said:

I was just thinking that FF 1 and 2 Hulk 1 and 2 etc, we’re probably stolen, so someone has them but they’re sitting in a closet or a vault somewhere and the person who’s got them can’t tell anyone about it.  And then I asked myself if it would be worth it?

Sure the question is hypothetical, and it implies that you must have millions of dollars in disposable income (surely a page from AF 15, FF 1, or Hulk 1 would fetch a million, yes?), but would you want to fork out that kind of money if you could never tell anyone about it, or share it with anyone?  I think that’s 1/2 the fun isn’t it?

Sure if you never got out of the sipee cup and "I can go pee-pee and caca all my myself" stage. But that's just me. Not a comment directed at you. Don't know you. Braggadocio is boring. Always makes me suspect.

Edited by NoMan

38 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Sure if you never got out of the sipee cup and "I can go pee-pee and caca all my myself" stage. But that's just me. Not a comment directed at you. Don't know you. Braggadocio is boring. Always makes me suspect.

I am not sure it is all a matter of bragging... I post all my stuff on CAF for a few reasons, and none of it is Bragging.  One it is an easy orderly place for me to look at/sort/chronicle my collection. Two I like to know where art I may want is, so I assume others do too and CAF makes it all searchable so you can find things that may not be available no matter how you scorch the earth. Three I like to look at art even when it is not mine so I assume others do too , sharing is caring. Four we all trade art.. seeing or showing what you have can go a long way to make it easier. 

50 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Sharing does not equate to bragging 

I know Grant (a bit) and bragging is the last word I would use to describe his posting of artwork

28 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am not sure it is all a matter of bragging... I post all my stuff on CAF for a few reasons, and none of it is Bragging.  One it is an easy orderly place for me to look at/sort/chronicle my collection. Two I like to know where art I may want is, so I assume others do too and CAF makes it all searchable so you can find things that may not be available no matter how you scorch the earth. Three I like to look at art even when it is not mine so I assume others do too , sharing is caring. Four we all trade art.. seeing or showing what you have can go a long way to make it easier. 

as I stated, it's just my opinion. it's all good. you be you. I'm glad sharing your art brings joy to you (and others, I guess). 

Edited by NoMan

here's an interesting (to me and my dog) What If for a boring/horrifing Covid-19 day: What If there was someone (with endless supply of money let's say) that would buy super nice stuff like all of FF1 or whatever and then just rip it to shreds on a youtube channel. And they kept buying all the classic stuff and they kept ripping it up. And you know where they lived.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

here's an interesting (to me and my dog) What If for a boring/horrifing Covid-19 day: What If there was someone (with endless supply of money let's say) that would buy super nice stuff like all of FF1 or whatever and then just rip it to shreds on a youtube channel. And they kept buying all the classic stuff and they kept ripping it up. And you know where they lived.

I don’t think “justifiable homicide” would qualify as a defense, but in different times of less scarcity, you could probably get away with tp’ing their their house. Is that what you wanted to know?

24 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I don’t think “justifiable homicide” would qualify as a defense, but in different times of less scarcity, you could probably get away with tp’ing their their house. Is that what you wanted to know?

sure, that's acceptable. Just what you would do if someone was buying all the classic OA and destroying it and you would TP their house. Perfectly acceptable. I just don't know if the person would know the TPing was punishment for destroying OA.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

sure, that's acceptable. Just what you would do if someone was buying all the classic OA and destroying it and you would TP their house. Perfectly acceptable. I just don't know if the person would know the TPing was punishment for destroying OA.

Leave a note and sign it Jack Kirby.

8 hours ago, NoMan said:

I would have to make it stop.

make it, stop 🛑 

4A79E633-5271-4FD2-9DA2-36D0E55E9882.thumb.jpeg.eea58968012c6b2868d5b28ada73513d.jpeg

I was really hoping someone would bring up the possibility that the "he" doing this was actually a "she" and was also doing webcam "modeling" at the same time. That would change things a bit in my opinion.

If it's someone with a black hole collection and they want to sell me something that is rightfully theirs - SURE! 100% 

If the assumption is that they came to possess the art through less than scrupulous means - hard pass. Homie dont play that 

tenor.gif.a1a24bf013239efcb47addde08a09610.gif