• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Publisher, Low Print, Info Please

5 posts in this topic

Had a friend send me a small lot of books, mostly odd Indie stuff, I got a ton of Hall of Heroes Publication books from 1993-1996, a couple Ethan Van Sciver variant covers etc...but there is one variant cover book that I can’t find any specific information on, Hall of Heroes Presents #1, Sinister After the Flesh, Limited to 500 Edition. 

I know, not a key book, no real market, so even low numbers doesn’t matter is there is no demand, etc... But I can typically find some       info on a book, through Forums, Online Retailers, EBAY, but I can’t find this variant cover anywhere. 

I am honestly just trying to figure outif anyone has some additional information on this book, not huge publisher or issue, but their early stuff (Cyberfrog) has done well in the market. 

Thanks for your time. 

6B77DFC7-D2E0-484E-9B3E-E5E68F7A97D0.jpeg

ECBC17CA-FF65-43DB-A624-5F48EACD1DCC.jpeg

321CE6A4-9D77-49F4-AD5C-3FF442BC09AF.jpeg

68901357-4538-4C06-9BA7-7DBB48E7B87C.jpeg

31 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Mycomicshop has a similar book, by Castrillo and also from 1996 for $2, but not that exact one.

Shadroch, thank you for the information, I have found that price through several other online shops, I was more curious on if anyone knew how many of these variant cover books could be out there (besides the obvious max of 500)? 
Thank you again for your time.  

1 hour ago, smc99 said:

Shadroch, thank you for the information, I have found that price through several other online shops, I was more curious on if anyone knew how many of these variant cover books could be out there (besides the obvious max of 500)? 
Thank you again for your time.  

Possibly a lot. I ran across a rather oblique comment from the early 2000s from someone who had a box of HoH books stating that there were "many" limited editions and alt covers, some with < 1000 marked print runs. Now, obviously, that's not all HoH Presents. There are a few limited editions that are fairly well known for some of their titles, but I think the overall implication is that they printed a lot more variants than MCS or Chuck currently lists.

I believe Salamandroid had 3 different covers.  Probably a bunch more.  

Had Sinister 1, but definitely not that cover.  Haven't seen it in the past either, so probably not that common. But in all honesty, I don't recall demand on that title in the past. 

Keep in mind, the interest in Cyberfrog is pretty recent.  They were a dime-a-dozen for a very long time. 

Wish I would have held on to my HoH collection (bought them for pennies), but they no longer really fit my collection.  My interest in HOH was due to Matt Martin, Trent, and Ethan. 

Patrick