• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your best eBay/Sale cancellation excuse?
1 1

34 posts in this topic

I notice a lot of threads abt comics-could we PLEASE consolidate them all into one thread??!!!!

It's always the son.  always.  never daughter.  its the go-to excuse.  its lying 101.  its dumb.  its infuriating.  its obvious.  its insulting.

4 minutes ago, littledoom said:

payment/paypal system error.. or accidental .. that's always the best excuse

"Hello my paypal got hacked plus my ebay got hacked plus some other stuff-all hacked.  Pls cancel my order thx."

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

eBay has flat out told me that a $10,000 comic should not be sold over their system.  So, while I have items listed on eBay, I have other things listed on ComicLink on the exchange.   If they sell... they sell.  

Seems like if eBay really didn’t want five figure price tag comics on their site they could do something about it

I listed a 9.8 slab that sold in auction for less than $9.00. A few days later the winning bidder messaged me saying that he didn’t expect to win and wasn’t really interested in the item. He offered to send me $5.00 for my trouble but I figured it would look shady in eBay’s eyes if I did this, so I just canceled the transaction and selected the cancelation reason as buyer requested so. I guess it turned for the better. (shrug)

6 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I listed a 9.8 slab that sold in auction for less than $9.00. A few days later the winning bidder messaged me saying that he didn’t expect to win and wasn’t really interested in the item. He offered to send me $5.00 for my trouble but I figured it would look shady in eBay’s eyes if I did this, so I just canceled the transaction and selected the cancelation reason as buyer requested so. I guess it turned for the better. (shrug)

I've told this story before-was selling a Warhol magazine my sister got signed by warhol back in the 80s.  some guy sent best offer $80 I accepted.  Sent invoice.  He messaged oh he didnt really want it he was just seeing if I would go that low.  Ok cancel.  2 weeks later I got paypal message he paid fot item.  Sent message you want it now?  No reply.   Sent message ok unless I hear back I am shipping-payment received.   he messages no I did not pay for this i do not want it.  Sent screen cap of payment received.  what happened was it was right after ebay and paypal split so cancelled in ebay, not cancelled in paypal.  he had habit of paying for all purchases in one lump without checking and the magazine was still in his in box.

52 minutes ago, kav said:

I've told this story before-was selling a Warhol magazine my sister got signed by warhol back in the 80s.  some guy sent best offer $80 I accepted.  Sent invoice.  He messaged oh he didnt really want it he was just seeing if I would go that low.  Ok cancel.  2 weeks later I got paypal message he paid fot item.  Sent message you want it now?  No reply.   Sent message ok unless I hear back I am shipping-payment received.   he messages no I did not pay for this i do not want it.  Sent screen cap of payment received.  what happened was it was right after ebay and paypal split so cancelled in ebay, not cancelled in paypal.  he had habit of paying for all purchases in one lump without checking and the magazine was still in his in box.

Oh Lordy!

Some people’s kids.

6 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Oh Lordy!

Some people’s kids.

I had to explain to him if you submit an offer, and seller accepts, you have purchased the item.
Offer + acceptance = contract.  learned it on Judge Judy.

Edited by kav