• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

probably going to list Sunday evening

Most likely. But notice, he didn't list anything to close this Sunday night. With the impediment this thread poses he took a week off to rethink his strategy, which I've already anticipated. As Christopher Walken said, "You gotta' think like a mouse".

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Most likely. But notice, he didn't list anything to close this Sunday night. With the impediment this thread poses he took a week off to rethink his strategy, which I've already anticipated. As Christopher Walken said, "You gotta' think like a mouse".

Mouse Hunt

9 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Mouse Hunt

Remember; don't try this at home. Here's your problem with that.. Normal people are not psychologically equipped to catch mice. You have to get inside their mind. You have to know what they want. You have to think like a mouse. If you can do that; think like a mouse; you can anticipate their moves. Then Boom! Sayonara mouse. :sumo:.

Notice how all of a sudden the provenance has changed slightly...must be reading this thread....xD ."All of the books that you see are from a original owner which was my wife’s father or from my personal collection! He bought these high grade books fresh off the news stands threw out his childhood threw adulthood!! All of them are in high grade as he & I are very picky guys when it came to books." 

14 minutes ago, CJ Design said:

Notice how all of a sudden the provenance has changed slightly...must be reading this thread....xD ."All of the books that you see are from a original owner which was my wife’s father or from my personal collection! He bought these high grade books fresh off the news stands threw out his childhood threw adulthood!! All of them are in high grade as he & I are very picky guys when it came to books." 

Doubtful, given his grasp of the English language.  I don't think he knows how to read. 

3 hours ago, CJ Design said:

He was reading this board from the time before he first thread about him appeared. Anticipating it. Googling his user name to see who catches on and when, although I may be giving him too much credit based on the lack of necessities I've seen so far to pull off his strategy with any deft or stealth absolutely essential to make this type of dubious strategy work.

3 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Doubtful, given his grasp of the English language.  I don't think he knows how to read. 

Well he does know how to plagiarize, copy and paste. Almost all of his listing language are excerpts from about a dozen other comic/hobby sellers. A goulash. A pinch of this, a punch of that. A word play on the "Grandfather's foot locker kept in the attic", "fresh from 50 year storage in my safe deposit box", "only driven to Sunday service by a little old lady from Pasadena", etc. The typical huckstering in "bunko-speak", a failed attempt to explain away where NM/unread gems suddenly materialized into existence from, that for some reason he doesn't want to CGC, common sense be damned, his loss is your gain.  :roflmao:

4 hours ago, CJ Design said:

broadening his scope slightly...

3 hours ago, CJ Design said:

broadening his scope slightly...

No scope, either broad or narrow this week, it appears. Back to the drawing board, so it seems. Good. He's got to be able to come up with something a little more clandestine than what he's been doing.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/polished_gem_comics/m.html?item=143598688649&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

It's been a couple weeks without a new listing.. I kinda always knew this was a get rich quick scheme .. she was NEVER in it for the long haul.. just taking advantage of this CV period until people caught onto her evil tactics sad :(

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

It's been a couple weeks without a new listing.. I kinda always knew this was a get rich quick scheme .. she was NEVER in it for the long haul.. just taking advantage of this CV period until people caught onto her evil tactics sad :(

He didn't give up. He made too much profit on some of the books to give up. Knowing now that he does show up as a fairly distinctive blip our radar, he's not going to bum rush his new iteration, whether he uses this account or starts with another, which will take some time to get up to speed as ebay gives new accounts a little more freedom each month to list and sell, raising their limits little by little. I'm fairly confident that we'll see him again in the not too distant future. 

Edited by James J Johnson

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-251-CGC-9-0-CREAM-TO-OFF-WHITE-PAGES-JOKER-APPEARANCE-/324139566435?hash=item4b78394563%3Ag%3AxEoAAOSwLIpemwjH&nma=true&si=zvVMuV%2BK9q1QVdH%2FYd0Jm5TpeuY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-251-NM-Classic-Neal-Adams-Key-Original-Owner-CGC-Ready-SCARCE-WOW-/143593261225?hash=item216ed348a9%3Ag%3ASvgAAOSw~zdeqylk&nma=true&si=zvVMuV%2BK9q1QVdH%2FYd0Jm5TpeuY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557  

All of the books that you see are from a original owner which was my wife’s father or from my personal collection! He bought these high grade books fresh off the news stands threw out his childhood threw adulthood!! All of them are in high grade as he & I are very picky guys when it came to books. Happy Hunting Collector’s Stay Healthy & Safe! Now Offering Pressing & Cleaning Service’s!

Bat251b.jpg

Bat251a.jpg