• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 361

13 posts in this topic

I would say probably 9.6. Its a shoot with the tear at the bottom, even though it is a known manufacturing defect with the printer grabs and tares. Sometimes the slide it sometimes they don't. I actually have 11 of these out for grading right now and I think most of them are 9.8 candidates. 

9.0 - 9.2.  There's a color-breaking spine ding or crease near the bottom by the UPC box.  The top right corner has some issues.  Bottom staple is on the back of the book.  It's not printed or cut or stapled squarely.  The tear.  CGC has graded so many of these of the years that they've gotten harsher with their grades on them over the years.  Same as ASM #300.  If you got higher than a 9.4, I'd be shocked.

Edited by Eric M. Rom

On 4/30/2020 at 1:20 AM, Eric M. Rom said:

9.0 - 9.2.  There's a color-breaking spine ding or crease near the bottom by the UPC box.  The top right corner has some issues.  Bottom staple is on the back of the book.  It's not printed or cut or stapled squarely.  The tear.  CGC has graded so many of these of the years that they've gotten harsher with their grades on them over the years.  Same as ASM #300.  If you got higher than a 9.4, I'd be shocked.

That's not a color breaking tick near the UPC box, that's part of the cover, its how they all look. That top right corner may get dinged but I highly doubt it. The fact that the book is not printed, cut, or stapled perfect does not matter in terms of grading unless it is caused outside of manufacturing like spine roll. I have had quite a few of these ASM 361's graded and I have 9.8's that have both the printer grab and unaligned cover. I agree that they might be cracking down on the printer grab tares, they are not taking off points for mis-alignment. This book is at minimum a 9.4 and most likely a 9.6 and if they slide that printer grab through ( which sometimes they have, sometimes they don't) this could be a candidate for a 9.8. I have 2 that look just like this in 9.8

7 minutes ago, CJ Design said:

Just got mine back...I predicted a 9.6...came back a 9.4...looked very similar to yours. No Grader Notes though 

You have a pictures of yours? I hear they are really getting tough with these

21 minutes ago, JoshGrav said:

You have a pictures of yours? I hear they are really getting tough with these

No, Just in the slab...my scanner does well / raw but not w/ slabs. Mine does have the tiny bottom mark but the corners are razor sharp.