• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lego Cover Posters

26 posts in this topic

Welp I will have to put buying the lego pieces on hold.  It's about triple the price I was expecting; $2,500!!! :tonofbricks:

image.thumb.png.1203fd9c647bf8dff7f13f782ba7cc66.png

So, when/if I get in a place to buy these, I'll update the thread again.

For now, here's the parts list for BrickLink if anyone else wants to pursue it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1di0bHjSewL94BDNzKVCtcmMiFZYK023s/view?usp=sharing

And here's a link to the Poster file for the free Lego Studio app: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jvZxCBSuHwVHnAvqltU81CAeLGQC6UES/view?usp=sharing

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

@Lethal_Collector you might be able to cut a deal with one of the large Bricklink sellers.  The pieces you need are probably common so you could probably negotiate a good price.  Just say something like "I don't need it right now, could you start putting this together as you process incoming inventory?"  Negotiate a down payment.  The Bricklink sellers spend so much time processing little orders that one giant order would be worth it for them even with a huge discount.  I don't know what would be fair but maybe 50% or less of the list price?

My wife suggested the same thing.  I'll see what a few of them say.  Some good news, I can get some of the colors from Lego's pick a brick section with free shipping.  I have to chop up the orders by groups of 999 or less, but that'll save some dough as well.  I also 'disliked' the one seller at the top who was charging the most, but he was the guy I was thinking of negotiating with.  I think I can get the pieces for closer to $1,000 or maybe $900?  While its a ton of scratch, it'd go great in our loft, or replacing my framed McFarlane Spidey #1 poster (shrug)

Done for the first day:

image.thumb.png.9a8e6f4629b21354c4c0310c7287df13.png

This car is proving difficult with so much counting.  Once that is over, it'll really be downhill; just a few peeps, rocks and the yellow background. (thumbsu

I just realized I hit 10 years with you clowns last month lol  :tink:

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector