• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Star Wars #68 (v2)

9 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, EC Phanatic said:

3.5 .....bad crease......good luck buddy~

Yeah, this one was a mistake. From the seller's photos, this looked like a pressable defect, but when I opened the package, I could quickly see this was a very expensive "reader" copy.

Damn.

6 minutes ago, Falcon Apoda said:

Yeah, this one was a mistake. From the seller's photos, this looked like a pressable defect, but when I opened the package, I could quickly see this was a very expensive "reader" copy.

Damn.

And yet... 3.5? Really?

No offense, but looking for second opinions. I was hoping this one might be an 8-range after pressing, but I could be delusional here.

So, pressing can probably correct the smaller crease near the right side, which doesn't appear to break color, but the big told is color breaking and can't be corrected. I'm not at all confident that a press will be worth the cost, nor that it will substantially improve this cover's presentation. A shame, as it's a real pretty book otherwise.

I don't have a great track record at numerical prognostication, so I'm hesitant to drop a number down. But I can safely say that EC's recent grade estimates are, with no offense intended, uselessly lowballing these comics. If I absolutely had to guess, I'd suggest that this told is significant enough to be a major defect, and that the final grade is probably 6.5. If they're willing to let that crease go as a moderate defect, I think you could get a 7.5. Either way, that's a $50 slab, give or take a little, per gocollect.

5 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

So, pressing can probably correct the smaller crease near the right side, which doesn't appear to break color, but the big told is color breaking and can't be corrected. I'm not at all confident that a press will be worth the cost, nor that it will substantially improve this cover's presentation. A shame, as it's a real pretty book otherwise.

I don't have a great track record at numerical prognostication, so I'm hesitant to drop a number down. But I can safely say that EC's recent grade estimates are, with no offense intended, uselessly lowballing these comics. If I absolutely had to guess, I'd suggest that this told is significant enough to be a major defect, and that the final grade is probably 6.5. If they're willing to let that crease go as a moderate defect, I think you could get a 7.5. Either way, that's a $50 slab, give or take a little, per gocollect.

I agree.

It really is a nice book, except for the color breaking crease. And that tear. Actually, I'm currently attempting to return the book on General Principle, as this tear was not evident from the seller's photos.

Anyway, thanks.