• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tampered/types of cases?

8 posts in this topic

I fell in love with comics while I was...away...anyways, I just got released 4 months ago and I’m going crazy with comic books. I’ve bought a few cgc graded books off eBay and just got two more back from cgc yesterday. Not happy btw, X-men 266=9.0, ASM 252=9.0 ☹️ Anyways, I bought a Mighty Thor 337 9.6 on EBay and I’m really concerned about it. First off, the case isn’t like any of my other cases. It’s much thinner, almost half the thickness of my other ones, and the back of the label has 4 paragraphs of writing titled Certification Notice. The sticker on the very top of the case is on the OUTSIDE of the case where as my other ones it’s inside. Is there different types of cases? This one was graded on 4/27/09. SECONDLY, I can partially open the sides of the case, maybe 1/16 of an inch. The corners are solid..any suggestions? 

Mike

23 hours ago, Mrlucky121788 said:

I fell in love with comics while I was...away...anyways, I just got released 4 months ago and I’m going crazy with comic books. I’ve bought a few cgc graded books off eBay and just got two more back from cgc yesterday. Not happy btw, X-men 266=9.0, ASM 252=9.0 ☹️ Anyways, I bought a Mighty Thor 337 9.6 on EBay and I’m really concerned about it. First off, the case isn’t like any of my other cases. It’s much thinner, almost half the thickness of my other ones, and the back of the label has 4 paragraphs of writing titled Certification Notice. The sticker on the very top of the case is on the OUTSIDE of the case where as my other ones it’s inside. Is there different types of cases? This one was graded on 4/27/09. SECONDLY, I can partially open the sides of the case, maybe 1/16 of an inch. The corners are solid..any suggestions? 

Mike

Yep, sounds exactly like one of the old cases. I've still got a few myself...

On 4/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, Mrlucky121788 said:

Mike

Yes.