• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

325 posts in this topic

Crimefighters 2,  Marvel  1948

Here's  a  little  gem.  Flat,   square,  tight  spine  and  CF,   cream - off-white  pages.  There's  a  tiny  corner off upper  RH FC, 
should be  visible  in  scan,   and  a  matching  corner off upper   LH BC.   Basically  no  other  wear,   but  a  faint  whiff  of 
soiling  RH  edge FC,  and  a tiny  bit  BC.  

Rock  solid gorgeous for $100

L4g3ci1.jpg

dbjxLn1.jpg

Nellie  the Nurse 15

Back  to  the  LL  Specials,  :D

Flat and tight enough,   attractive,   but  Bonnett's  stamp,  and good sized corner off   upper  LH  BC.  Small piece  magic  tape  
upper LH   corner  last interior page.  Some  chips and small tears  inside,   off-white - white pages. 

Asking $50

V7WYgs3.jpg

x4w97aR.jpg

Starlet O'Hara 3

Touch  of  spine  roll  on  an otherwise  flat,  clean  copy.  Touch of general wear,  tight spine and CF,  couple  small tears inside,  white pages

asking $500

ZVyCaWz.jpg

mzEBysK.jpg

Joker 35

Half inch tear  through  entire spine at lower  staple,   otherwise  flat  and tight,  bit of gloss left,   1" tear 
RH  edge  FC,  small  tear  LH  edge BC,   small  corner off upper  RH  BC, slightly  miscut,   see  second scan. 
White pages,  couple   small tears  and chips interior. 

Asking $70  SOLD!

WcEYFXw.jpg

sppsZb6.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Blue Bolt  V3 #8, Jan 1943

Most of  this  issue  is  devoted  to  fighting  the  dirty Japs in the Pacific,  and  the  evil  fifth  columnists  here in America.
Cartoony  war cover  to  boot,   and  you  gotta  love  a  sailor  punching  a  shark  in  the snoot,   lol

Bit  of spine roll,   some  general  wear tear  upper  edge  and  RH  edge  FC,  tight  spine  and CF,   white pages. 

Asking $40

J02UM0M.jpg

ZDbw9r2.jpg

Junie  Prom  Comics 5

Well,   well!  Some  horny  youngster  back  in  the  day  sure liked  the look  of  fishnet  stockings,  :roflmao:

Pencil   (including   the stockings)  FC,  more  BC,  and  in  the margins  on  three pages interior.  
Upper staple  has  some rust  with  a  touch  of  migration,  Marvel-style chipping   LH  edge  BC, 
otherwise  flat,   tight,  bit of gloss,   white pages. 

Asking  $150

g6IUmZI.jpg

e7SXhVS.jpg

Teen  Comics 29

Flat and square, clean  and glossy,   tight  spine and CF,  white pages,  There's an odd little crease  running   along the  
spine  BC,  which  appears  to be  pulling  the  FC  slightly  to the back. 

Asking $250

LnUcBhr.jpg

ejBeEWN.jpg

Here we go,   last book for the evening,  and  it's  a  black cover  stunner. 

Miss  Beverly Hills  of  Hollywood  #1,  1949

Flat,  square,   clean,   decent  bit  of gloss,   tight spine  and CF,  white pages, 
If you  look  hard  you  can  see  a  faint whiff of  general  wear,   but  you  have  to  look  hard.  I  see  two or three 
NCB  lines  on  spine,    whiff of  wear  at  the staples,  bumped lower  RH  BC,  faintest touch  of    soiling along spine  BC. 

Like  I  said,  an  absolute  stunner, 

Asking $800   per LL,  and  he's pretty  firm on this  one.   I don't blame him. 

viuTRGf.jpg

q6ViwQy.jpg

And that, my  friends,  is  it  for  the  evening, 

I  have  another ten  books  tomorrow  evening,  and  I'll  list  some of my  stuff  Saturday,  with invoices  
going out   Sunday  afternoon.  

Now   go  admire  that  stunning  black  cover. 

Greetings, Gang!  

Ten  books tonight  with  one   durned  nice  Golden  Age  book at the end,  and   more  interesting   Lunatic  Lite  fun  in the meanwhile. 

Crime  Detective V1 #4 

Small  corner off lower  RH  FC, chip RH edge FC,   touch  of spine roll,  bit  of  general  wear.   Tight, glossy,  white pages

Asking $35

0KlCerz.jpg

Du5sP2n.jpg

Jeannie  Comics 23

Flat and clean enough,  but couple  tears  upper edge FC,  tiny tears  at upper staple  and  a whopper  upper BC, 
see scan. and tears  interior  pages  starting  nearly  as  large  last  leaf,   smaller each  leaf  to CF, front half  untouched. 
Yes,  most of them  get  into  the  art.   No paper missing.   Decent gloss,   white pages. 

Asking $60

lhbXieC.jpg

sxxxo5Q.jpg

Crime and Punishment 54

Gotta love  a  cover  with  Old Sparky  on it!

Split  and narrow  chip  out  upper  spine,  some  spine roll,   general wear.  Tight,  glossy,  white pages

Asking $25

3hTRkOO.jpg

Zmh1mOE.jpg

Gay Comics 35

Dogears  lower  Rh FC,  touch of  spine/stacking roll,   touch of general  wear.
Glossy,   tight  spine  and CF,  white pages.  Couple  tears interior,  one of them brushes  the art. 

Asking $75  SOLD!  per PM!

xzaXU1v.jpg

7ntC3Jr.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Men in Action #1

Flat,  tight,    clean,  glossy,  white  pages.   Bit of general  wear,  couple  teensy  chips   LH  edge BC. '

Grab  a nice one for $50

yMTEym4.jpg

BBOHQsF.jpg

Huh.  I'm  halfway  through  tonight's books. 

Where's  the  tomfoolery?    

By now there's ALWAYS   tomfoolery.

Is it Lunatic Lite's   pricing?   Has his   asking numbers  driven you  all  away?   I should  mention  that LL  is  Old School, 
he believes  that  a book  is  worthless,   or  solid  gold, lol  He  and I had  some  spirited  conversations   about his prices
as I  inspected  the books,  and  of  course they ARE  his  books  and  he  can  do  as  he  wishes,   but  I  will note  that 
last  time   I got  a bunch of   PM's with offers,  and  he  took   several  of  them,  and  counterbid  on  a couple  more. 

Don't be shy   about   sending  offers,