• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Closed)
2 2

138 posts in this topic

World's Finest #110 - Great alien cover!

Good condition, spine roll/sheer, lots of surface wear, centerfold detached one staple (barely holding on other).  $12   NOW $8

49944412.a64eb93f.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture
Discount

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I don't want to clog up your thread(COOL B&B,on my radar now!) but you seem open to chatting a bit :foryou:. GK and Charltons were not by choice per say-Marvels were scarce to find at yard sales(where 98% of my comics came from as a kid,no money for new issues really) and true story!If there were Marvel or DC hero books they always were pricier,even on a front lawn ,early eighties around here.Dr Solar and Magnus,Turok was about as hero as it got so it was a lot of painted covers and Ditko-ish 'ghostly' books for this kid.I could have fared worse.Well,not much worse than say,Korg lol but a young love for Karloff,Ripleys and horror has carried me far :cloud9: and I can still buy nostalgic stuff older than me for a song!

I wouldn't consider anything short of video links as clog-fodder. Now, if I logged in to see links to Frankie Goes to Hollywood videos, different story entirely! 

Those Ditko-ish Ghostly books were great reads. Now those I went after as a kid, especially back issues. Even ACG back issues made my radar early on. And how do people hosting a yard sale know that Quicksilver and Two Gun Kid > Thunderbolt??

55 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I don't want to clog up your thread(COOL B&B,on my radar now!) but you seem open to chatting a bit :foryou:. GK and Charltons were not by choice per say-Marvels were scarce to find at yard sales(where 98% of my comics came from as a kid,no money for new issues really) and true story!If there were Marvel or DC hero books they always were pricier,even on a front lawn ,early eighties around here.Dr Solar and Magnus,Turok was about as hero as it got so it was a lot of painted covers and Ditko-ish 'ghostly' books for this kid.I could have fared worse.Well,not much worse than say,Korg lol but a young love for Karloff,Ripleys and horror has carried me far :cloud9: and I can still buy nostalgic stuff older than me for a song!

Speaking of which, your Gay Love pulp came in to the Canadian reshipping repository.

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Thanks! Well, second sale really; the first featured some lower-grade Atlas war books, readers mostly. I may re-post them. Once something is scanned and I've made the (tough) decision to let something go, I want it gone! (But not as much as my wife...)  :roflmao:

After a few months in lock down, I’m sure that more than one of us want our wives gone.:roflmao:

At one or two an hour, I literally fell asleep for over an hour and didn’t miss a thing. meh

Just now, Robot Man said:

After a few months in lock down, I’m sure that more than one of us want our wives gone.:roflmao:

At one or two an hour, I literally fell asleep for over an hour and didn’t miss a thing. meh

What I really meant is that she wants my stuff gone more than I do... But your point is well taken.  doh!

59 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Speaking of which, your Gay Love pulp came in to the Canadian reshipping repository.

“Gay Love Pulp”. I guess I learn something new about you guys all the time. “Not that there is anything wrong with it”...Seinfeld. :devil:

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

“Gay Love Pulp”. I guess I learn something new about you guys all the time. “Not that there is anything wrong with it”...Seinfeld. :devil:

Can be rather sticky.

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

..Brave and Bold #63 - one of the cooler team-ups before Batman team-ups came to dominate (just like those rare later non-Spidey team-ups in MTU).

VG-, with some writing on cover and general wear, much along the spine. $12

49944380.55b7df10.1024.jpg

take...maybe now he will list some more hm

1 minute ago, Comical Situations said:

take...maybe now he will list some more hm

^^ Thanks!! A few more books coming later tonight, and maybe a stack to scan late night in the wee morning hours. I don't have to tell anyone who has run their own sales thread how much work it is. The big-time board sellers make it look so easy!! 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

What are you doing Pop, reading them all first or arguing with your wife? 

On second thought, why not put her on and you go take a nice, long walk...

Yeah, maybe she would start selling some of those annoying Atlas war books or EC's at a fin apiece... 

Four Color #408 - Donald Duck and the Golden Helmet - about as classic as comic covers get. Barks is da man!!

I'll call this the best presenting GOOD- out there. Top staple pop, centerfold loose. Fugly back cover staining. Centerfold staples pulled through with rust stains, but the staples are not that bad. Cleaned or replaced? You know the saying: "Looks good in a mylar!" 

Well below Overstreet Good at $25   NOW $18

49944386.397d7ff8.1024.jpg

Spoiler

49944396.bf068e36.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture
price drop

Four Color #318 - Donald Duck in No Such Varmit - more proof that Barks is to comics as Clapton is to guitar strummin.'

GOOD+ to G/VG.  No major flaws, just moderate handling wear.  Read and re-read...   $40   NOW $30

49944384.ae22d320.1024.jpg

Edited by PopKulture
price drop