• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dumb ebay question.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I won eleven lots from a single seller on ebay. Seller said he would happily combine shipping, and to wait until he sends an invoice. Three days go by with no invoice, so I email him. No response. 

Two days more, and nothing. Meanwhile I keep getting ebay notices to pay for the invoices. Yesterday, I sent another request for the total and he didn't respond. Last night,using a different email, I asked a question about a different ebay lot and he answered it this morning.  Other than just wait for him to get back to me, is there anything I can do?  Seller has over 20,000 transactions and lists over 100 items a week. I was the sole bidder on every lot I won, so they all sold for his minimum asking price. 

19 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I won eleven lots from a single seller on ebay. Seller said he would happily combine shipping, and to wait until he sends an invoice. Three days go by with no invoice, so I email him. No response. 

Two days more, and nothing. Meanwhile I keep getting ebay notices to pay for the invoices. Yesterday, I sent another request for the total and he didn't respond. Last night,using a different email, I asked a question about a different ebay lot and he answered it this morning.  Other than just wait for him to get back to me, is there anything I can do?  Seller has over 20,000 transactions and lists over 100 items a week. I was the sole bidder on every lot I won, so they all sold for his minimum asking price. 

Sounds like he doesn't want to part with the items, or he was thinking he would have got more at auction...especially after he responded to your other email

Not really much you can do but wait or pay the auto invoice and hope for a refund of the shipping charges.  It does sound a bit fishy but I can't tell if he is just flaky or possibly slow to weigh the package and send you a combined shipping charge.  Or he could be pissed with the outcome and may cancel the order after a bit with some lame excuse.  Really no way to tell at this point.

Edited by 1Cool

39 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Not really much you can do but wait or pay the auto invoice and hope for a refund of the shipping charges.  It does sound a bit fishy but I can't tell if he is just flaky or possibly slow to weigh the package and send you a combined shipping charge.  Or he could be pissed with the outcome and may cancel the order after a bit with some lame excuse.  Really no way to tell at this point.

He is responding to other queries though, the least he could have done is tell him "hey I'm having a little problem accurately accessing how much its gonna cost to ship"

17 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

Show interest in one of his higher priced items by sending a message like this: "I'm interested in bidding on this item, but I haven't heard back on combining the auctions I've already won.  Wondering if there is some kind of problem I am not aware of."

Maybe if he feels he will get a new, large sale, things will suddenly "change".

This seems like a really good idea

You could call eBay customer service and ask them to open a case. I have had problems with sellers before and they can act as a mediator and direct the seller to act on a prescribed timeline.

They tend to favor buyers so that people don't get discouraged from bidding since they make a profit off of the final sale price. I would call them and open a ticket so you can at least start the clock and ask them to intervene on your behalf.