• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman vs Thor
2 2

226 posts in this topic

learned about Superman and the blue sun stuff thanks to this thread--- never heard that before.

Not sure who would win or why they would ever need to find out. Superman - as far as I think of him -- is worthy. Not sure if the hammer is the key here--- or speed --- or being a god or a blue sun--- so many variables could play a part.

I think about it like the first time Thor fought the Hulk -- he literally turned off his powers to fight him as straight up as possible. That made the Hulk get all cocky when he could lift the hammer. But in the end-- the fight was pretty fair. So even if Thor/Supes ended up in a brawl, I have to think that at some point they would stop and see how silly this battle was to begin with.

6 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

learned about Superman and the blue sun stuff thanks to this thread--- never heard that before.

Not sure who would win or why they would ever need to find out. Superman - as far as I think of him -- is worthy. Not sure if the hammer is the key here--- or speed --- or being a god or a blue sun--- so many variables could play a part.

I think about it like the first time Thor fought the Hulk -- he literally turned off his powers to fight him as straight up as possible. That made the Hulk get all cocky when he could lift the hammer. But in the end-- the fight was pretty fair. So even if Thor/Supes ended up in a brawl, I have to think that at some point they would stop and see how silly this battle was to begin with.

Whenever 2 heroes meet for the first time they always fight over some misundertsanding.  And they will be evenly matched for the duration of the fight.  Doesnt matter if Daredevil fights Thor.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Whenever 2 heroes meet for the first time they always fight over some misundertsanding.  And they will be evenly matched for the duration of the fight.  Doesnt matter if Daredevil fights Thor.

DD vs Thor seems like a speed issue as well. hor has always been sort of plodding unless he was flying-- or at least that is the vibe you get from the books. That fight would go until the artist decided it was time to team up against someone else. Need to read through my DD 30

426626642_DD30-a.thumb.jpg.8b73a446ba8de67cfa3a84b3f459f24b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Superman should win.   As for the Batman beating Superman, being human and all, Batman cheats. 

Batman can only defeat superman if superman pretends he does not have super speed.  Thats the only way.  Throwing kryptonite spear at supes he could run around the world abt 42 times before the spear got to him.  He can easily outrun explosions which travel at a mere 18,000 mph so a kryptonite shell would be an amusing slow-motion event for him.

Stupidman also has to constantly pretend he forgot he has x ray vison so foes can continually surprise him with kryptonite in pocket.  Even if its in a lead box he would see lead box and gee whiz wonder what's in there-

If you extrapolate superman's poor use of his powers it would be equivalent to a person not using their legs to walk but instead crawling around like a worm, not opening their eyes to see but trying to play pinball by sense of smell etc.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Batman can only defeat superman if superman pretends he does not have super speed.  Thats the only way.  Throwing kryptonite spear at supes he could run around the world abt 42 times before the spear got to him.  He can easily outrun explosions which travel at a mere 18,000 mph so a kryptonite shell would be an amusing slow-motion event for him.

The problem with Superman is he is just too powerful to really need anyone else. I have never found reading the Justice League stuff worth it because the only time anyone else has any impact is when Superman is taking a break or has been tricked into falling for some krypton defense. We need Batman == for small time criminals without super powers. Batman = DD pretty much. Supes = Thor? maybe but it is a problem of mixing Marvel Universe with DC general silliness over the years. Not DC's fault-- they were entertaining little kids mostly while Marvel was challenging them to a more realistic (as much as you can in a comic that is) viewpoint-- characters like Spider-Man having real life teenager troubles etc (thanks to DItko for the most part imo). But Marvel having things like the FF headquarters in NYC --- not fictional places like Gotham or Metropolis. It is it's own world -- so I have trouble trying to mix them together except for short burst like SUpes vs Spidey treasury books and the like.

Thor's  chance is to use his lightning (most likely magical) the way Captain Marvel did to him in Kingdom Come.

However,  if Superman can gather his wits while being bombarded by the lighting & use his super speed, I think he overpowers Thor! 

Thor has better hair than Clark, mullet or no mullet! lol

Thor has salon quality hair!!! 

11 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Thor's  chance is to use his lightning (most likely magical) the way Captain Marvel did to him in Kingdom Come.

um tho
Superman 32 - Ten Cents - It Tickles - Lightning - Dc - Cape

Thor is a really cool dude who looks the part. He's a Viking with morals.

Supes likes to dress up in tights and show off his underpants. He is also extremely arrogant thinking he can maintain a secret identity by donning a pair of glasses. :facepalm:

He also has a low opinion of human beings assuming that most cannot detect such a flimsy disguise.

He's also responsible for Smallville, the show. A show which ran on longer than an oscar acceptance speech. :sumo:

I liked Superboy stories better, when he grew up, he was kind of a dik.  

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Supe doesn't have spidey sense so if Thor snuck up on him and caught him with the element of surprise then he would win

Thor would sneak up, hit him with hammer and supes would barely notice the insignificant blow.  The hammer does not strikes with the power of a nucular bomb and superman shrugs them off with ease.  It would be the equivalent of a single molecule hitting you at 1 mph.

2 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

@kav now I hadda go dig out my copy of KC to prove you wrong!

4F518A80-37B7-4DE2-B165-B201BF401F00.jpeg

why didnt he turn into billy bat**** when he said shazam tho.  if the shazam bolt is strong enough to knock stupidman for a loop how many ppl has ol billy killed over the years changing to captain marbles?

1 minute ago, kav said:

why didnt he turn into billy bat**** when he said shazam tho.  if the shazam bolt is strong enough to knock stupidman for a loop how many ppl has ol billy killed over the years changing to captain marbles?

He didn't change back because CM swiftly moves outta the way of the bolt so it doesn't hit him  & instead hits Stuporman! 

2 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

He didn't change back because CM swiftly moves outta the way of the bolt so it doesn't hit him  & instead hits Stuporman! 

this would mean stupidman was occupying the same spot as ol billy and I suggest this is impossible due to the laws of physics.

1 minute ago, kav said:

this would mean stupidman was occupying the same spot as ol billy and I suggest this is impossible due to the laws of physics.

WHy brings Physics into this! It just looks cool!