• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, D84 said:

He'd be less obnoxious in the role than Ezra Miller. 

I'm gonna give Miller a fair chance when I see Snyder's JL. His cringe scenes felt Whedon-esque. We all know for sure that they falling-on-Diana and "bug juice is gross" scenes were definitely Joss.

17 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm gonna give Miller a fair chance when I see Snyder's JL. His cringe scenes felt Whedon-esque. We all know for sure that they falling-on-Diana and "bug juice is gross" scenes were definitely Joss.

There's an article about those 'great additions'.

Every Reused Joss Whedon Joke In His Justice League

The first arrives during the League’s initial tunnel battle with Steppenwolf, with The Flash shoving Wonder Woman out of the path of falling debris and landing on her breasts. This clearly echoes the birth of Ultron in Whedon’s 2015 MCU film Avengers: Age of Ultron. In that scene, Bruce Banner similarly faceplants into Black Widow’s chest during the chaos of Ultron’s sudden emergence.

josswhedon01.PNG.b521197e9fa0e247096f8fe017944638.PNG

:facepalm:

I dunno about other people, but I am so sick of everyone acting like Snyder is some great gift to filmmaking, and like his version is going to be some masterpiece. It's not like Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman were that good, and based on his scenes of JL, a movie of just his work isn't gonna be much better. I just roll my eyes whenever I hear someone like Ray Fisher praising Snyder, b/c it just sounds like sour grapes from an actor who had his scenes cut. I'll certainly watch the Snyder Cut, but I don't have high expectations.

2 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I dunno about other people, but I am so sick of everyone acting like Snyder is some great gift to filmmaking, and like his version is going to be some masterpiece. It's not like Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman were that good, and based on his scenes of JL, a movie of just his work isn't gonna be much better. I just roll my eyes whenever I hear someone like Ray Fisher praising Snyder, b/c it just sounds like sour grapes from an actor who had his scenes cut. I'll certainly watch the Snyder Cut, but I don't have high expectations.

:roflmao:

8 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Zach Snyder has unique voice as a filmmaker. You may not like his take, but there are those that do.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

If anyone has ever seen both the Theatrical and Ultimate cuts of BvS, it's very easy to see why Zack Snyder's Justice League is so desired.

No one is logically touting this as some sort of "masterpiece". What it is, is the original director's vision coming to fruition. WB's Frankenstein Justice League is something that should never have happened. 2 directors. 2 styles. 2 ideas. 1 forced deadline for bonuses.

This is a creative win for the original production team of Justice League and Worlds of DC's fans.

Thank you for this.

People that held this belief, so passionately and forcefully, 

are the reason we will soon get this movie.

4 hours ago, D84 said:

Zach Snyder has unique voice as a filmmaker. You may not like his take, but there are those that do.

Totally. It seems that, more than any other filmmaker, he is overhyped beyond just having people who "like his take". Nothing wrong with that, you do you, but I'm gonna give my view b/c it irritates me.

10 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Totally. It seems that, more than any other filmmaker, he is overhyped beyond just having people who "like his take". Nothing wrong with that, you do you, but I'm gonna give my view b/c it irritates me.

There will always be a set portion of an audience that are fans of any given director or actor. If they don't work for you, there are hundreds of other films and TV shows to focus on. Know what I mean?

It can also be irritating to fans of that same director or actor when people take it personal that they appreciate them. It can work both ways with these discussions. And yes - people will share their thoughts on such behavior.

:foryou:

15 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Have you considered that you're simply underrating him?

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Have you considered that you're simply underrating him?

Totally possible; though it does seem like, given the overall critical response to his D.C. movies, that's the less likely outcome.

6 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Totally possible; though it does seem like, given the overall critical response to his D.C. movies, that's the less likely outcome.

Let's ignore what anyone else thinks. What do you think? Are his shots visually stunning? Does the score compliment the action or scenes? Do his actors perform well? Are his stories cut coherently? These are some of a director's primary responsibilities in producing a film.

If your answers are "yes" to the above questions, then I think you may be putting too much stock into what some detractors say.

If you're interested, there are some analyses on YouTube called "Why You're Wrong About [Man of Steel/Batman v Superman]". The Man of Steel video is excessively long and includes "criticisms" I've never heard before, but the BvS videos are all on-point. They're worth a watch (or listen, which I prefer) if you'd like to challenge yourself.

Zack Snyder's Justice League will, with complete certainty, be better than WB's Frankenstein Cut. Dawn of Justice's Ultimate Edition is a testament to that. How much better is yet to be determined. We should all be interested in what the original creative mind and director had planned.

There's just such a long laundry list of things that Snyder is doing differently that paints an intuitive flow and motive to the idea that we saw butchered on-screen. Vulko and Mera, Iris West, Cyborg's backstory and parents, etc, all almost entirely cut by Whedon and WB. Snyder isn't perfect, but I think that his modern adaptations for Worlds of DC's universe almost is.

rantrant