• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC expert Grader in Las Vegas

13 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, mrmlcoleman said:

Hello

Can anyone recommend an expert CGC Grader that is experienced with CGC standards?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Litch has been known to hang around the Pawn Shop with Rick and Chumlee.  There is a forum member who lives in Vegas that I think has an excellant handle on CGC grades, but I'm not going to volunteer him.

I was reading a post on here and the guy said he had an expert grader but cgc didn't grade as high...

You all got in his butt and ask him was this expert grader familiar with CGC standards...

So I am asking can you recommend an expert grader familiar with cgc standards....

On 5/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I finished in the top portion of a friendly grading competition on here....does that make me an expert?

image.jpeg.6eeef6af195aa796040b3b8c4b894537.jpeg

Sure if I can show you some comics and you can grade it by the same standards as CGC...sure your hired...lol

On 5/22/2020 at 11:26 PM, mrmlcoleman said:

So I am asking can you recommend an expert grader familiar with cgc standards....

I still dont understand, what do you want with this person, what is your end goal here?

Do you want to pay someone to tell you what your book will get as a grade before you send it in? Why not just send the book in then? 

Because a book can only be given a CGC grade by CGC. Otherwise, a raw book should be graded through the standards of a raw book.

Edited by William-James88

4 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I still dont understand, what do you want with this person, what is your end goal here?

Do you want to pay someone to tell you what your book will get as a grade before you send it in? Why not just send the book in then? 

Because a book can only be given a CGC grade by CGC. Otherwise, a raw book ahould be graded through the standards of a raw book.

Agree, may need a little more info about specific goals to answer the question properly 

21 minutes ago, SteveITC said:

There are self-appointed experts out there, but even CGC graders aren't complete experts. There's no school to graduate from, no degree you can get. Hands-on experience is the best you can hope for.

I remember when I became a professional grader (meaning paid to grade comics). It was at a jewler who had a side business in vintage collectables sold on ebay (comics, coins, bills). He gave me the overstreet guide and a bunch of comics with the guideline "give these a grade you'd be happy with if you were the one purchasing". I went to work on the pile, learning the guide. When I graded them all, he took a look at each one to see if I was off or if the grades worked well enough for him. 

He was content and then raised his hand and blessed me as if I was being knighted by the queen. I had become a professional grader.