• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proper Procedure When Trading Comics By Mail?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been buying and selling comics for a while however I've never traded or partial traded with cash involved. I do have some graded books I would like to trade eventually which I believe would be done on the Want to Buy section here. What is the best and safest way to trade with people you don't personally know especially when books in 1K to say 10K range are involved? Thanks.

On 5/23/2020 at 4:48 AM, Professor Chaos said:

Hi, I've been buying and selling comics for a while however I've never traded or partial traded with cash involved. I do have some graded books I would like to trade eventually which I believe would be done on the Want to Buy section here. What is the best and safest way to trade with people you don't personally know especially when books in 1K to say 10K range are involved? Thanks.

If you want to trade on these boards I’d suggest you participate in threads other than those specifically selling books, get to know people, who’s who, and get references from who other collectors have dealt successfully in the past.  Get your feet wet here, don’t necessarily start with a 1k comic, try and work some smaller deals and build a rep, so to speak.
Part of what sets this place apart from eBay, Facebook, or other platforms is we’re not all just sitting around trying to buy/sell to one another. We also chat about comics, the stories, creators, etc., just about anything surrounding the hobby.

Also, do your best to keep out of scenarios like that WWBN 32 thread that blew up and left everyone feeling uneasy a couple months back.

23 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

If you want to trade on these boards I’d suggest you participate in threads other than those specifically selling books, get to know people, who’s who, and get references from who other collectors have dealt successfully in the past.  Get your feet wet here, don’t necessarily start with a 1k comic, try and work some smaller deals and build a rep, so to speak.
Part of what sets this place apart from eBay, Facebook, or other platforms is we’re not all just sitting around trying to buy/sell to one another. We also chat about comics, the stories, creators, etc., just about anything surrounding the hobby.

Also, do your best to keep out of scenarios like that WWBN 32 thread that blew up and left everyone feeling uneasy a couple months back.

Heyyyy, thanks for those advices. I do post a little bit around here but I mostly read the threads. When I do sell I always sell cheap but thats just because I'm such a nice guy.

Easy to get a long with. Friendly even. I chat sometimes, met a few nice people. Good people. Oh and believe me nobody felt more uneasy than me in that WWBN 32 thread. Its tough getting accused of dishonestly and scamming by people you don't know. But when it was shown that they were wrong at least they apologized.......oh wait a minute. I know though, I see your point there.

Yes but good advice thank you steve in the city. San Francisco? Is the city San Francisco? 

Actually my question wasn't actually because I intend to offer trades here, although I might one day. I was actually wondering how people trade.  I've always wondered that . I guess they just both agree to ship their books on the same day and hope evil doesn't prevail? I can't think of any other assurance that can be done without using a go between perhaps. 

Edited by Professor Chaos