• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Tales 25 (Grade is in)
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Thanks for the help on this. I'm going through some Pre-code Horror comics and trying to sort the better ones out. I've put some side-lighting in to accentuate the defects but it makes the blacks look far worse than in normal viewing. I don't see any staining and it does have one long crease bottom middle. I do have one question as I run into this a lot with the comics I'm organizing. With Golden or Atomic age comics when the top or bottom edge is not crisp and has a fold with light cracking how much of a bump down does the grade take? I've looked through the grading guides but it's hard to figure out how much is acceptable due to the age of the comic. On this one it's on the top and bottom edges on the right side.

1ST25.jpg

2ST25.jpg

3ST25.jpg

4ST25.jpg

5ST25.jpg

6ST25.jpg

7ST25.jpg

Edited by DaveE
Grade

4.5 seems pretty reasonable to me...

In regard to your question about the wear on the edges of the book, a lot depends on the severity of the wear. It also depends upon what the rest of the book looks like. So if you have more books like the one pictured, it's pretty typical of what I'd expect to see from this era...mid grade copies or lower. Still very cool and highly desirable.