• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTH...someone sent me a free book!!! THANK YOU.

13 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, G G ® said:

Today I was expecting an asm 48 CGC SS from the courier.

I knew when it was going to arrive approx. so the guy pulls up outside in his big white van. Eventually he gets out and delivers a small box which looked way too small to contain a slab. However this week I'd also ordered a PS4 controller cable replacement so I thought it might be that. Then it occurred to me that I had no tracking for that, so where was my book? As he was going back to the van I shouted to him did he have another package? He did, and came back with that also. That was indeed my asm 48.

So then I opened up the first package which I thought was a bit big of a box for a cable but too small for a slab. Amazingly a slab was in it!! :whatthe:

I have no knowledge of it, there was no return address on it, nothing except my name and address. It's a mid grade silver age (I'm not going to say what it is at this stage). It came from the States is all I know, but it's come from someone who knows my details. It's not come from anyone who has sent it by mistake as a purchase made by me, I do know that. I'm sure it's been bought for me as a gift by a friend on the Boards.

Whoever sent it...thank you so much. A lovely thought. :foryou:

You were expecting it ? But surprised by it? Confused 

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

What was the other book, Paul? I assume it was another SA book since you posted here.

Not from me but it couldn't happen to a nicer person.  

Thanks Jeff, kind of you to say.

To be fair I am not 100% sure it was a gift. I'm assuming it was because I have no outstanding purchases, everything I recently bought has been delivered correctly. This was packed unusually, in a very small box, which is why I didn't think it was a book originally.

If it wasn't a gift then I'm at a loss to know where it's come from, definitely not come from the usual sources I buy from. I'm absolutely sure of it. I wanted to put this thread out there hoping someone would take credit, but if nobody does then I need to do some detective work because somebody needs their book back.

For this reason I'm keeping stum on the ID of the book in case some unscrupulous soul claims ownership.

8 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Mystery solved Jeff. Boy was I way off base!

Just received a phone call from Sydney, from my boy who is driving to work.

He bought it and had it sent from the States as a gift. <3

s-l1600.jpg

:applause:

20 minutes ago, G G ® said:

s-l1600.jpg

If your son ever feels like getting adopted, please let me know!  lol

Just now, telerites said:

My daughter will be 24 in a few months.  She's all I got.  So rarely get to see her anymore.  You certainly miss them when they fly the nest.

Very cool of your son, Paul :smile:

Thank you Jeff.

I hear you. I got 4 altogether. I've been a dad for 41 years. It's all I know.

It's been very difficult x 4, letting go, but that is life. You want them to be well, safe and happy.

That's what matters.

On 6/2/2020 at 4:34 PM, G G ® said:

s-l1600.jpg

So it was an “inside” job!