• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eternals #1 pgx 9.4 question

7 posts in this topic

hi im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i have the above mentioned book and want to have it pressed and cleaned and the resub it to cgc ,  my dilemma is the book has a price sticker on it from some time in the early 80's i assume since its a 50 cent tag and the book has a 25 cent cover price. how harshly does cgc grade something like a sticker or residue from said sticker? thanks in advance for the help

eternals#1front.jpg

eternals#1back.jpg

Edited by gregumz

Hi welcome!Posting images of pg hex books is a no no-maybe a crop of the label so you don't get the image yanked?

There's lots and lots of great folk here that can answer your question a lot better than myself I'm sure ,so again,welcome and best wishes!

The sticker might be able to be removed...we have some great folk doing fine work here.

Jimmers

10 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

The sticker might be able to be removed...we have some great folk doing fine work here.

This. Just don’t know if it’s worth it, since I don’t know the value of the book.

Edit: just checked, and it sure seems worth it. (depending on what you've got into the book)

Edited by oldrover

18 minutes ago, oldrover said:

This. Just don’t know if it’s worth it, since I don’t know the value of the book.

Edit: just checked, and it sure seems worth it. (depending on what you've got into the book)

125 in cash and 80 in trade

7 minutes ago, gregumz said:

125 in cash and 80 in trade

If it were mine, I’d do it. YMMV.

@joeypost could comment on whether he could remove it before pressing... which he could also do. CCS does an excellent job as well... they removed a sticker on my FF48. They’re pricier though.

4 hours ago, AstuTE said:

Do you really think it's worth it? Seems like he'd have put like $100 - $125 into it on top of his $125 into it with what he wants to do. I see that an Eternals 1 CGC 9.4 ended at $229 with no bids. 

(shrug)

I saw one go for around $1000, but maybe that was an outlier. As I said, I'm not familiar with this book... a little after this geezer's time. 

:preach:xD