• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizardworld Boston Forum Dinner 10-1-2005

46 posts in this topic

Who's coming? Let's get a head count going.

For the locals, my first thought is Legals, since it's really good, they have a good wine list (sorry thinking for myself there for a moment, it's a Boston "establishment," they have a varied menu and one of their downtown locations could hold as many people as we care to throw at them. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Who's coming? Let's get a head count going.

For the locals, my first thought is Legals, since it's really good, they have a good wine list (sorry thinking for myself there for a moment, it's a Boston "establishment," they have a varied menu and one of their downtown locations could hold as many people as we care to throw at them. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Legal is awesome (I went on my first date with my now-fiancee at the one in Park Plaza), the only thing is if people don't like seafood, I seem to recall their menu was a little thin. I'm a huge fan of Fleming's in the Theater District -- it's a steakhouse -- it's a little pricey but the food, service, and atmosphere are all top-notch. Same with Plaza III by Fanieul Hall.

I would like to come -- is there a minimum post requirement or anything?

There's definitely no minimum post requirement.

Legals is a little thin, which is why I haven't definitively said "this is where we're going," but there are definitely non-seafood options there and it we get a private room we can make sure that we're pleasing everyone that comes- iIf I'm not mistaken we got BassGMan a vegetarian option at Gibsons.

As for the other suggestions, although both are great, I'd rather not go to an out of town chain if I can help it- Plaza III/Flemings are both out of town chains. For the steak thing, I'd rather do a local spot like Grill 23. Since ANY option we choose is going to be away from the convention center I'd rather we went to a place that was a little more "Boston."

There's definitely no minimum post requirement.

Legals is a little thin, which is why I haven't definitively said "this is where we're going," but there are definitely non-seafood options there and it we get a private room we can make sure that we're pleasing everyone that comes- iIf I'm not mistaken we got BassGMan a vegetarian option at Gibsons.

As for the other suggestions, although both are great, I'd rather not go to an out of town chain if I can help it- Plaza III/Flemings are both out of town chains. For the steak thing, I'd rather do a local spot like Grill 23. Since ANY option we choose is going to be away from the convention center I'd rather we went to a place that was a little more "Boston."

Wow, I knew about Fleming's but had no idea that Plaza III was a chain. confused-smiley-013.gif Much as I love my steak, I have never actually been to Grill 23. Shame it's not at the Hynes, everyone could walk across the street to Atlantic Fish or Abe & Louie's.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif There's a precedent for forum dinners featuring steaks as big as your head.....

That said, seafood in Boston kind of makes sense.

So I'm absolutely, definitely straddling the fence on this one. 27_laughing.gif

As long as there's a decent selection and any vegetarians or anybody with seafood allergies can be accommodated, either one looks ok.

I like the idea of Legal. But which one? If people coming to town are staying near the Bayside, they aren't 'close' to anything.

How about: Anthony's Pier 4 or Durgin Park? If we go to the North end, I suggest "La Famiglia". But forget about parking. smile.gif

I like the idea of Legal. But which one? If people coming to town are staying near the Bayside, they aren't 'close' to anything.

How about: Anthony's Pier 4 or Durgin Park? If we go to the North end, I suggest "La Famiglia". But forget about parking. smile.gif

I like the idea of the North End too, La Famiglia is awesome!!!

Legal Seafoods would be a good choice, I'd rather there than Anthony's...