• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizardworld Boston Forum Dinner 10-1-2005

46 posts in this topic

going to try and make it for a few drinks anyway (maybe dinner too)....what time you guys planning on hitting the restaurant?

who is going?

So far...

rob_react

spider9698

nikos61

Rhino_Comics

Foolkiller

ckb

drummy

JuliusSeizure?

cgcfan?

Time? Some time after the show is over... We've not made it that far yet insane.gif (although I think we should get this thing into gear over the next couple of days.)

Hey Rob count me and my daughter in.

If anyone is interested in carpooling from NW Jersey or eastern Pennsy let me know. You could buy a lot of comics with what you would save on gas. I'm flexible on when to leave for Boston.

Rob, I don't have a preference either place -- I'll leave it to the local experts. I like steaks as big as your head and I like local seafood. Don't think there's a loser in either option.

Steve

going to try and make it for a few drinks anyway (maybe dinner too)....what time you guys planning on hitting the restaurant?

who is going?

So far...

rob_react

spider9698

nikos61

Rhino_Comics

Foolkiller

ckb

drummy

JuliusSeizure?

cgcfan?

Time? Some time after the show is over... We've not made it that far yet insane.gif (although I think we should get this thing into gear over the next couple of days.)

They finally got back to me from Legal. For our little group the cost is about the same ($1000 food and drink minimum). Since the Grill 23 time is out of the question, I'm just going to go ahead and make regular reservations at one of the Legal locations...

UPDATE OF DOOM.

We've got resrvervations for 8:00 PM at Legal Sea Foods at Long Wharf. It's the most central of their locations and is in walking distance of Faneuil Hall, which means it's walking distance to a gazillion bars. There's a bar there we can meet at, or, alternatively we could meet at another of the (more colorful) bars in the area and head on over.

Leaving from the convention center it's basically a straight shot down 93 and won't take long at all.

http://www.legalseafoods.com/index.cfm?pk=content&cd=LOCATION&pid=10386&cdid=12003

Let me know if you have any questions.

Looks great, Rob. Thanks for doing the thank-less job of organizing this thing!

Do we need to pay in advance or at the dinner?

UPDATE OF DOOM.

We've got resrvervations for 8:00 PM at Legal Sea Foods at Long Wharf. It's the most central of their locations and is in walking distance of Faneuil Hall, which means it's walking distance to a gazillion bars. There's a bar there we can meet at, or, alternatively we could meet at another of the (more colorful) bars in the area and head on over.

Leaving from the convention center it's basically a straight shot down 93 and won't take long at all.

http://www.legalseafoods.com/index.cfm?pk=content&cd=LOCATION&pid=10386&cdid=12003

UPDATE OF DOOM.

Thanks for doing all this Rob. For out-of-towners, I would suggest parking in the Boston Common underground garage or at the Theater District (if you can) and taking the T or walking to Long Wharf, if the weather's nice. You will save $20 or more over the Harbor garage.