• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Canadian customers
2 2

31 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am from Canada myself and I would like to know if some other Canadian customers placed an order with CGC in the past weeks.

If so, would you please send me a private message, I have a few questions about your recent experience.

I am keeping this private for now while I discuss this with a few fellow citizens.

Thanks,

22 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

hm did they poop in the box?

Nope...

But I will give more details.

I'd like to know how much Canadian customers were charged for the return shipping fees. If the order was placed in the past weeks.

Please reply by a private message.

Thanks

I am Canadian, and the rate is the same as it has been for a while now via Fedex. (shrug)

Did you get dinged for GST? If yes, then you filled in the paperwork wrong when submitting the books. You need to mark them as "Comics for certified grading" on the Customs declaration and it should be fine.

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am Canadian, and the rate is the same as it has been for a while now via Fedex. (shrug)

Did you get dinged for GST? If yes, then you filled in the paperwork wrong when submitting the books. You need to mark them as "Comics for certified grading" on the Customs declaration and it should be fine.

It changed recently to 120 for Fedex to Canada from the 90 that has been charged forever.  I think it has to do with a lot of the Covid surcharges that Fedex has been imposing on packages.

xoxo

greggy

Just now, greggy said:

It changed recently to 120 for Fedex to Canada from the 90 that has been charged forever.  I think it has to do with a lot of the Covid surcharges that Fedex has been imposing on packages.

xoxo

greggy

Oh well, I guess I will pay that on my next groups. That is why you need to send books in groups of 25 to distribute the shipping charges.

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

Oh well, I guess I will pay that on my next groups. That is why you need to send books in groups of 25 to distribute the shipping charges.

Yeah, CGC has been charging me extra after the fact over the last few months and this is the first time I've been charged upfront.  Man, that $90 was a sweet price for such as long time. 

1 minute ago, greggy said:

Yeah, CGC has been charging me extra after the fact over the last few months and this is the first time I've been charged upfront.  Man, that $90 was a sweet price for such as long time. 

:whatthe:  I would have figured with the 1000s of books you submit each year that you would get preferential pricing.

7 hours ago, kimik said:

It is not because of the GST.  I was charged more for return shipping.

7 hours ago, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

Thanks for your answer, Greggy.

I was charged $90 instead of $60 (I sent less 10 comics in May).

I wish I would have been notified about that when I filled the submission form.

Of course, CGC has a right to change the price, but a client should be able to trust the amount written on the submission and on the website.

Yes, It's been $120 for a long time now.  The on-line form will still say $90 but get ready for some extra charges after the initial billing.

My favorite extra charge was for $4,500 CDN for extra shipping fees not accessed on the initial charge.

I then verified these extra charges by opening my own Fed Ex account to see if the shipping would be cheaper if I supplied the account # for return shipping, but it was not any cheaper.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:34 AM, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

It's showing $90 for one book for me today at checkout (used to be $60 last year).  You're saying it will go up to $120 for one book after COVID surcharges?? My god

On 6/17/2020 at 7:07 AM, Red_Hood said:

Yes, It's been $120 for a long time now.  The on-line form will still say $90 but get ready for some extra charges after the initial billing.

My favorite extra charge was for $4,500 CDN for extra shipping fees not accessed on the initial charge.

I then verified these extra charges by opening my own Fed Ex account to see if the shipping would be cheaper if I supplied the account # for return shipping, but it was not any cheaper.

:whatthe:

5 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

25 book submissions or go home!:sumo:

In a away, I agree.

I have no problem to send 25 books of the following tier : modern, value or economic

It is another matter with standard.

Edited by Pangolin