• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynamite, Pizzazz, Bananas, Smash 70s Mags
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone can help on this but thought I would ask.

I remember these mags from the 70s and I believe each featured some Marvel Comics feature.  One may have had stamps also.

There was one I remember reading which compared the Hulk to the Thing - mainly on their strength.  One of the blurbs was what each would do if they came upon a bomb and I think it said the Hulk would just throw it up in the air or something like that.

These memories are from 40 or so years ago so faded at least.

Does anyone know which mag that would be from?  Or maybe another one, I didn't list?

1 hour ago, picon3 said:

Like you I have some vague memories, but I only read Dynamite and I believe I remember something similar to that too.  Hope that helps, Paul~

Hi Paul :hi:

Thanks.  One of them had a few pages of Marvel Comics I thought and it could be Dynamite.  I was thinking too it had some facts about the heroes.

P.S.  - Did some deeper googling and found out the Dynamite was created by Jenette Kahn of DC fame (or infamy according to some).  Marvel countered with Pizzazz so it might be Pizzazz that I am thinking of.

Edited by telerites

19 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

I only remember the first three.  Never heard of Smash.  Of those three I think Pizzazz (by Marvel Magazines) would be more likely than Dynamite or Bananas (by Scholastic).

Hi Tim :hi:

Now I am thinking it is Smash.  At least it is the one that apparently had the stamps

Credit to this website.  I actually think the creator of the site has posted here before.  I will shoot him a message on his blog site.

http://tellshiar.com/blog/1974-1975-smash-magazine-mighty-marvel-comics-mix-and-match-stamps-marathon-program

105268_orig.jpg.18906f49c7885d1cbe9b80e78c4c911d.jpg

Edited by telerites

I definitely remember the Dynamite magazine with Alfred e Neuman on the cover.  Went to mycomicshop.com website and they listed all of the dynamite magazines with the contents.  Definitely some marvel and DC material.  Usually under the title "superhero confidential". 

Paul 😎