• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Suspense #94 Club
2 2

127 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Drummy said:

One of my favorites books as a youth!  I actually liked Iron Man and the Champions along with MODOK, making me triple-useless to my cooler friends...

Iron_Man_Annual_Vol_1_4.jpg

A big favorite of mine.

I was quadruple useless, because I also love the George Tuska art!

18 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Neat. Is that art in TOS 94? That looks like a Pin-up. I've never read the original-just the reprint in Marvel Double Feature. Do you own it? Awesome!

I don’t own the original art (unfortunately).  It comes from a journal of sketches that Jack Kirby did for his wife Ros.  It has a pin-up style drawing from hundreds of characters.  It was published as a book called Jack Kirby’s Heroes and Villians

BF860912-3E9F-438B-8B0F-8B05520FAA70.jpeg

C0799ABA-2B8A-43B1-B8E6-67F3AE9384C0.jpeg

DB12F333-7483-48BD-8451-29B61C0E49BF.jpeg

On 7/2/2020 at 11:30 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

That cover's awesome!  I've never seen it before.  Thanks.

Best part is it only cost 30 cents of the rack at 7-11. There was a time when others had me convinced that these reprints were no bueno and not worth having. Thankfully reading this board reversed that line of thinking before it was too late. Though I did offload some Marvel's Greatest Comics and Marvel Tales among several other groupings I had.