• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age pedigree thread
2 2

274 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2024 at 5:16 PM, electricprune said:

Has anyone put together a full title run of CGC graded pedigree books from any age? I’m talking a hodge podge of any and all recognized pedigrees.

The closest example I know is that for several years there was a single owner to the Massachusetts pedigree run of Strange Tales with Nick Fury, from 135 to 168.  But it wasn't made by years of assembly, but by a single owner submitting the entire raw run for encapsulation.

Similar to that, the artist Dan Jurgens bought as a group the entire Silver Age run of Fantastic Four as raw books from the Curator pedigree, which was later slabbed and sold at auction one by one by Heritage.

Edited by namisgr

On 5/9/2024 at 5:16 PM, electricprune said:

Has anyone put together a full title run of CGC graded pedigree books from any age? I’m talking a hodge podge of any and all recognized pedigrees.

The Church collection was sold in several large chunks that contained complete runs of many titles.

On 5/9/2024 at 4:16 PM, electricprune said:

i have the silver age sgt. fury run slabbed and with all but 14 of 'em in ped labels.  won't ever be complete, but should get it to around 5 non-peds.   it has been slow-going for awhile, tho', and getting peds between 1-10 is hard; in fact, 8 of the ones i'm missing are in that group.

On 5/10/2024 at 10:36 AM, Straw-Man said:

i have the silver age sgt. fury run slabbed and with all but 14 of 'em in ped labels.  won't ever be complete, but should get it to around 5 non-peds.   it has been slow-going for awhile, tho', and getting peds between 1-10 is hard; in fact, 8 of the ones i'm missing are in that group.

Are there Pedigrees for those issue you don’t have? Any idea how many different Peds are in your run. That’s a great feat!

On 5/10/2024 at 12:43 PM, electricprune said:

Are there Pedigrees for those issue you don’t have? Any idea how many different Peds are in your run. That’s a great feat!

peds available for all of them.  as to the make-up of them, just so happen to have a li’l list on my phone…

also forgot that 3 of my silver annuals aren’t peds—total non-peds is 17.  

IMG_4034.jpeg

On 5/10/2024 at 2:52 PM, Straw-Man said:

peds available for all of them.  as to the make-up of them, just so happen to have a li’l list on my phone…

also forgot that 3 of my silver annuals aren’t peds—total non-peds is 17.  

IMG_4034.jpeg

Now that is awesome! That’s the type of run I was really curious about. Starting from scratch, and building a run with a bunch of different Peds. I hope you can finish it in all Peds one day.