Pulp/GA Comic Cover Swipes!!!
4 4

38 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of the other Spicy’s  that would resemble the crime mysteries comic that you just posted in the previous post.

The Images that I will post below were taken from the Galactic Central website.

The picture of The spicy mystery “I Must have 5 corpses” that was just posted , is from my collection, that I previously posted).

Courtesy of Galactic Central 

4E1A083D-E307-43CE-B89B-26B9D76AF7A2.jpeg

Courtesy of Galactic Central

AC8B948C-3004-4436-BF75-FAC384377D55.jpeg

the image of the comic below was courtesy of davet75

C79CE63C-821F-4443-8495-8D4DA289D014.jpeg

Edited by detective35DF
2 minutes ago, Kihei Comics said:

Been after that wings pulp forever can never find it! 

Yeah that is the challenge of pulps. I got this from a friend for I think $25. I knew what it was the moment I saw it!

Although this isn’t a cover, it is one of the best GA splash pages of all time!

I wonder where they took this from? 🤫

Detective 35 (March 1940)    /   The Shadow - “ The Partners of Peril” (Nov. 1, 1936).

FYI:  ** Parts of the storyline and the concepts for the interior illustrations in Detective 27 were swiped directly from “The Partners of Peril”.

489AF0C1-3C6C-4B5F-8A37-E1F93CF45F63.jpeg

06E05CB6-794B-4667-9709-A6E1AAEB5BBF.jpeg

Some of these I completely agree with and see but others appear to be a mix of similar elements whose only real similarities are components. I don't see All Star 3 as a cover swipe of that Shadow issue. There is a table surrounded by people in both, but really that is where the resemblance ends, unless I am missing a character in a particular pose? 

Blue Ribbon 13 is one of my Top 3 favorite covers in my personal collection. Imagine my surprise after diving into Pulps this year, to find out it was a swipe of the Dec, 1939 issue of The Spider! Both are cool!

spider and Blue.jpg

Edited by sagii

Great find!  So now we know Blue Ribbon Comics #13 and #18 are both pulp swipes and both by Sam Cooper.  I'll bet his other covers are swipes too.

18 minutes ago, RedFury said:

Great find!  So now we know Blue Ribbon Comics #13 and #18 are both pulp swipes and both by Sam Cooper.  I'll bet his other covers are swipes too.

Thanks!

You know I was just thinking that is a likely possibility