• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with invoicing?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I just tried to submit a book for basic grading and it's trying to charge me $85 a pop. I know I don't get charged until after the books are received but I'm trying to submit like 8 books here and am not all about sending in an invoice for $700. Always seems to be something with this company lately.  

We would need a bit more detail - like what book, what grading tier, what method of return shipping - to be of any help. As a practical matter, ONE book is always going to look overly expensive, because of shipping. The golden rule of shipping is that the first pound - or in this case book - is the most expensive. Two books are only a couple of dollars more than one for shipping. Five books only a few bucks more than two. 

If your book was valued over $400 and less than $1000 - and you chose registered mail (likely the best choice) for return shipping you could easily be around $85 total cost for one book. 

That said, these forums are not actually the ideal place to figure out things like how much you are being charged.  They have customer service and accounting staff working for CGC to help with that. Customer service and accounting are working from home, not in the building. So you need to email. 

Accounting 
accounting@cgccomics.com

Customer service
submissions@cgccomics.com

Welcome to the boards. 

Edited by Tony S