• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-men #1 1963
1 1

37 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

1.8 / 2.0.  They do not like big tears.

Especially if it includes a few of the interior wraps. Under the right conditions I could see a 2.5, but most likely a 2.0.

7 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Apparently they aren't as strict on the tears these days (shrug). Very pleasantly surprised with the grade and page quality. 

The funny thing is I bought a 2.0 a couple months ago as an upgrade to this, but it turns out I'll be keeping this one and selling the other. 

0730201434.jpg

Did the writing on the back remain? I'm glad I under grade, but I wish I knew how this got a 3.0.

8 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Apparently they aren't as strict on the tears these days (shrug). Very pleasantly surprised with the grade and page quality. 

The funny thing is I bought a 2.0 a couple months ago as an upgrade to this, but it turns out I'll be keeping this one and selling the other. 

0730201434.jpg

Congrats! Beautiful copy! 

7 minutes ago, AmbassadorSlip said:

Did the writing on the back remain? I'm glad I under grade, but I wish I knew how this got a 3.0.

I didn't do anything to it. The writing on the back in pencil is still there. 3.0 seems high to me as well, but I'm not enough of a grading expert to say either way. 

2 minutes ago, AmbassadorSlip said:

Those tears even went through to pages..... Hmmmmm, those low grades are tough.

FWIW the tear on the left only went into the first couple pages a small amount. It wasn't noted in the grader's notes below :

Comic Description:
X-Men 1 9/63 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
moderate bends to cover
moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
moderate wear all corners of cover
tear left center of front cover
tear right center of front cover
water stain right top of back cover
writing bottom of back cover

5 minutes ago, AmbassadorSlip said:

I'm not familiar with grader notes as CGC does it now. Did you have to pay extra for those?

No, you can pay $15 to get the grader's notes on any book, but if you're the one submitting the book then the notes are free.