• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather Splash vs. Interior Page

65 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, Rick2you2 said:

As a follow-up, to those of you who are character-based collectors. The answer is too easy for more general collectors.
If you had to choose between a good p.1 half splash with a small character image of what you collect, and a pretty good panel page showing off your character nicely in several panels, from the same artist, how would you lean? Neither is a grail, and assume a journeyman artist for the sake of simplicity (but actually quite good).

There are way too many variables still for me to make that decision. It would completely come down to a side by side comparison of the pieces. Case in point, using traditional logic, this is an awful Cosmic Ghost Rider page. Hero figure is small, back is turned, not even in full costume yet, etc. But to most, even disregarding the context of this page, this is probably one of the absolute best Cosmic Ghost Rider pages. It's just an incredible piece of art on its own - I'll take that any day over how prominently my character of choice is featured on the page.

Thanos #16, Page 4 (tight).jpg

9 hours ago, Varanis said:

There are way too many variables still for me to make that decision. It would completely come down to a side by side comparison of the pieces. Case in point, using traditional logic, this is an awful Cosmic Ghost Rider page. Hero figure is small, back is turned, not even in full costume yet, etc. But to most, even disregarding the context of this page, this is probably one of the absolute best Cosmic Ghost Rider pages. It's just an incredible piece of art on its own - I'll take that any day over how prominently my character of choice is featured on the page.

Thanos #16, Page 4 (tight).jpg

Now you know why I posted it as a dilemma, although, yours  is an easier choice. In my case, it is only about a 2/3rds splash. Depending on pricing, I may solve the problem by buying both since they won’t cost much.

It really does fall down to content in the pages.  I just recently paid way more than I thought I would ever do for a Sal panel page only because of the content.  It was almost as much as I paid for a Sal Hulk splash page a year or so earlier but given the page content, I was good with it.  

1 hour ago, joefixit2 said:

It really does fall down to content in the pages.  I just recently paid way more than I thought I would ever do for a Sal panel page only because of the content.  It was almost as much as I paid for a Sal Hulk splash page a year or so earlier but given the page content, I was good with it.  

Please post the two. Always love to see an awesome panel page.