• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thor 169
2 2

21 posts in this topic

Just now, lurk_mcguirk said:

@theCapraAegagrus It is Galan!  But apparently Galen is an alias (or a mistake by authors in the past?)

Thanks for the grade estimate :)

And @Galen130 - thanks for circling that area.  I'll take a closer look and see if I can see white there.

I have never seen it spelled that way before, but apparently you're correct.

Learn something new every day.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have never seen it spelled that way before, but apparently you're correct.

Learn something new every day.

The spelling is correct because of the first dragon i ever saw in a movie when I was a kid...Dragonslayer.  That was the protagonist's name.  I know I'm dating myself, but that started my fascination with dragons long ago.  xD

4 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

The spelling is correct because of the first dragon i ever saw in a movie when I was a kid...Dragonslayer.  That was the protagonist's name.  I know I'm dating myself, but that started my fascination with dragons long ago.  xD

The OP was talking about the connection to Galactus, though. :pullhair:

5 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

Those look like printer creases to me. 

My thought as well, but I don't have it in front of me.  Kinda hard to tell if the ink is broken. :)

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The OP was talking about the connection to Galactus, though. :pullhair:

Yup.  I just felt justified explaining my user name is all.  Most people think that's my real name.  :roflmao:

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

All good!

It is interesting to know that; 1. Galen has been used in place of Galan, and; 2. You used Galen from a non-comic inspiration.

I agree with #2.  My first comic was Devil Dinosaur #1.  Probably explains my fascination with dinos & dragons.  Lol.  It's in a slab as an 8.5.  Won't sell it....too sentimental. (thumbsu

Just now, Galen130 said:

Printer crease, maybe 7.0...IMO.  If the ink is broken...5.0 to 6.0.  Again...IMO.  An expert pressing might get those wrinkles out too, but won't fix the broken ink....of course. (:

Assuming unbroken ink, I was also thinking FN/VF with that many printer creases but mid-grade range otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Printer crease, maybe 7.0...IMO.  If the ink is broken...5.0 to 6.0.  Again...IMO.  An expert pressing might get those wrinkles out too, but won't fix the broken ink....of course. (:

when i saw it i thought off the back 6.5 to 6.0, but i agree with what you posted.