• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book store with coins

10 posts in this topic

When I was 25 that was 32 years ago a comic store was going out of business. I bought the books I wanted and some coins and paper money. I was looking at my coins yesterday and I remember buying this coin that was marked at 5k for half price and have No idea what it is. I know this is comic book's but don't know where to go for this coin so any help would be great.

coin 1.jpg

coin 3.jpg

Edited by woowoo

30 minutes ago, woowoo said:

When I was 25 that was 32 years ago a comic store was going out of business. I bought the books I wanted and some coins and paper money. I was looking at my coins yesterday and I remember buying this coin that was marked at 5k for half price and have No idea what it is. I know this is comic book's but don't know where to go for this coin so any help would be great.

coin 1.jpg

coin 3.jpg

@Polonsky might know. 

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

I know this is comic book's but don't know where to go for this coin so any help would be great

You should be able to use your CGC sign-on and sign onto the NGC coin forum and ask about it there. Somebody should be able to give you a quick response back.

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/forum/3-ngc-forums/

I was able to sign onto the NGC board with my CGC id, but your CGC post count may not be in sync with the NGC board and show a low post count.

They may call you a "NEWB" at first over there, but tell them you are the famous "Woowoo" from the CGC boards and have over 4,000 posts here.

Flashing the Van Buren Boys secret sign, might also help smooth things over on the NGC boards!

image.png.4f0f55a74325e56d202f27988f147194.png

Edited by DanCooper

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

You should be able to use your CGC sign-on and sign onto the NGC coin forum and ask about it there. Somebody should be able to give you a quick response back.

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/forum/3-ngc-forums/

I was able to sign onto the NGC board with my CGC id, but your CGC post count may not be in sync with the NGC board and show a low post count.

They may call you a "NEWB" at first over there, but tell them you are the famous "Woowoo" from the CGC boards and have over 4,000 posts here.

Flashing the Van Buren Boys secret sign, might also help smooth things over on the NGC boards!

image.png.4f0f55a74325e56d202f27988f147194.png

Thanks I just stick with my early Goldenage

20 hours ago, woowoo said:

Thank's it looks like it's D and worth 200  It was sold to me as A or B and I was young and new nothing abought coins :makepoint:

Now you’re old and know nothing about coins :bigsmile: I kid ... I kid ...

That’s the issue I have when I go to flea markets ... it’s hard enough to visually remember comic books by cover , I couldn’t fathom learning coins , records , magazines , et al ....

I have a stamp collection my mother inherited from an uncle who put it together back in the nineteen twenties. While it has some really old stamps there does not appear to be much of value. It is however really fun to look at as it contains stamps from all over the world and some fascinating stamps that would put on playing cards, newspapers and delivered packages. This was before income tax so the government had to come up with other sources of revenue. It makes sense when you think back to history class and they would talk about the stamp tax!

Comics are still more fun though!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs