• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearance of Virus Venom #26
2 2

50 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

IMG_20200731_094540.thumb.jpg.8e698508c5ea2c8ed46fa236a91d724b.jpg

IMG_20200603_132856014.thumb.jpg.9313d06a82c0be0c97bf2da4f5a450df.jpg

I just want your IM55.  As for Venom, I skipped from 1-24.  Picked up 25, 26 and FCBD  been happily surprised.

I like what I see of Virus thus far, I hope he has staying power and is a good villain for Brock.  That said speculation originally was that he was Jack o'Lantern, but that seems too obvious, now people are more for Lee Price.

Either way I am vested in Venom for now and will continue to pickup the series to read.

Also if you haven't, check out the current Thor series, it is fantastic.

I hope the King in Black is good also, we shall see though.

5 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah as I said, that was just from the big 2.  And as everyone knows most of the best stuff was created in creator owned comics which are outside the big 2 since the 90's at least.  Image stuff, Valliant stuff, Dark Horse stuff.

I only say that because I received a package today which contained a four issue miniseries I didn’t realize existed of Eternal Warrior that I missed.  Aside from ASM it’s the only other thing I enjoy reading.  The problem with valiant is that there is no consistency and it’s mini series after mini series so I miss a lot of things. 

43 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah as I said, that was just from the big 2.  And as everyone knows most of the best stuff was created in creator owned comics which are outside the big 2 since the 90's at least.  Image stuff, Valliant stuff, Dark Horse stuff.

Agreed I knew I was missing a ton of stuff I loved which is why I asked.

Indy stuff has been the best place for new and original story telling in the medium. Personally I have always loved The Maxx.

If you haven't read this give it a shot.

IMG_20200201_180659.thumb.jpg.6f56455ca41f812fe0c1a4006dbd3e2a.jpg

Side note there was a ton of great stuff in the 80's. I'm a huge Alan Moore Fan love Watchmen and V so much so that I hunted down this beauty:

IMG_20200615_234310.thumb.jpg.408a015bb96b76a86d3ded5257eb91cc.jpg

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

I just want your IM55.  As for Venom, I skipped from 1-24.  Picked up 25, 26 and FCBD  been happily surprised.

I like what I see of Virus thus far, I hope he has staying power and is a good villain for Brock.  That said speculation originally was that he was Jack o'Lantern, but that seems too obvious, now people are more for Lee Price.

Either way I am vested in Venom for now and will continue to pickup the series to read.

Also if you haven't, check out the current Thor series, it is fantastic.

I hope the King in Black is good also, we shall see though.

Appreciate the reply Brotha, it would be cool if Virus pans out. There is something I like about the character design.  I'll have to check out the current Thor run.

9 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Appreciate the reply Brotha, it would be cool if Virus pans out. There is something I like about the character design.  I'll have to check out the current Thor run.

Absolutely man, I like the design too.  I like the open-ended design that Brock pulled a Parker and ruined his life in some way.  Also that he has piecemealed his current “armor”.  Only time will tell how it pans out.

Enjoy!

15 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Put me down for Phil Urich. 2c

20 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

The Watchmen are a rehash of the Charlton characters DC bought.

That's true.

My flawed memory is telling me that DC didn't want Moore to muddy up those actual characters with his gritty storyline.

Love me some Alan Moore.

6 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

That's true.

My flawed memory is telling me that DC didn't want Moore to muddy up those actual characters with his gritty storyline.

Love me some Alan Moore.

They're almost like reimagined versions of the Charlton heroes, like rorschach is the question, nite owl is the blue beetle (plus Batman?), dr. manhattan is captain atom...and these are inspirations, I guess. They're like their own characters, but also not. Do they meet in the Doomsday Clock storyline?

13 hours ago, PeterPark said:

They're almost like reimagined versions of the Charlton heroes, like rorschach is the question, nite owl is the blue beetle (plus Batman?), dr. manhattan is captain atom...and these are inspirations, I guess. They're like their own characters, but also not. Do they meet in the Doomsday Clock storyline?

Some of the villains are reimagined from the Charlton characters. The Marionette and The Mime are based off of Punch and Jewel.

Haven't read Doomsday Clock yet.... I'm sure Moore finds it to be highly heretical.:nyah:

I'll give it a shot at some point I have the first couple issues.