Order just got back...

5 posts in this topic

983 posts
Posted (edited)

That Chaos Orb looks soooo good in the case :) I'd be tempted to slab mine if I didn't use it for play in my decks often.

Seeing the two side-by-side now makes it really clear to me what I don't like about the CGC label in this use. So much vertical space is being waste on the top CGC bar, as well as the large card/set info. There isn't any white space between all that info and the sub-grades, which make it looked very cramped and haphazardly stacked up. A good solution would have been maybe to also move the date to be beside the set name in small type (as opposed to Magic: The Gathering). This would have opened up much more horizontal space and maybe made it look a little cleaner - the design and text need to breath :D. I struggle to think of how these cards are going to look once you factor in signature information, restoration/alter information, or any other additional text that breaks the current format (unless the plan is to use the backside of the label)

Edited by Sauce Dog

4,145 posts
4 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

I struggle to think of how these cards are going to look once you factor in signature information, restoration/alter information, or any other additional text that breaks the current format (unless the plan is to use the backside of the label)

It does appear they'll have to put any extra info on the back. But I do like the way it looks. It's more attractive (and easier to read, IMO) than the Beckett label...

161 posts

I definitely like the CGC holder better on aesthetics. Also, that's a pretty Chaos Orb in it!

428 posts
On 8/2/2020 at 6:31 PM, Qalyar said:

I definitely like the CGC holder better on aesthetics. Also, that's a pretty Chaos Orb in it!

I kinda feel like thats cheating.  Flipping the orb in that case like doubles its impact.