• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now that CGC grades and categorizes levels of restoration, how do people feel about it?

24 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RhialtoTheMarvellous said:

Either he overpaid for it, it's in much better condition than I think or he doesn't want to sell, because he wants $3500 for the book. I'll have to go take a look at it in person, but no matter how you slice it that's too much.

You can get an unrestored 6.0 for that price.

This is a hard pass.

6 hours ago, RhialtoTheMarvellous said:

It's a good point. Although I feel like there is some merit in conserving / restoring these books just to keep them alive.

Right. If you look close you can see the mask line where they put something over it before they spray painted the spine.

I'm talking with a restoration service and they say they do have a way to fix the paint issue. Now, whether that is cost effective is up in the air though.

Yeah but that book isn’t rare enough in my book to warrant investing a bunch to conserve it. That’s just me though if someone loves it enough and wants to do it, cool. I would still likely pay $1000-2000 for a solid 1.5-2.0 book in original condition than spend any more (or even the same amount) for a restored one.