• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN: SOUL OF THE DRAGON animated film (2021)
1 1

8 posts in this topic

'Soul of the Dragon' will voice star David Giuntoli, Mark Dacascos, Kelly Hu, Michael Jai White and James Hong.

The Dark Knight is headed to the 1970s for his latest animated adventure, the upcoming Batman: Soul of the Dragon.

The film is an original tale, rather than based on a specific comic book storyline. It sees Bruce Wayne face a deadly menace from his past, with the help of three former classmates: world-renowned martial artists Richard Dragon, Ben Turner and Lady Shiva.

Soul of the Dragon stars David Giuntoli as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Mark Dacascos as Richard Dragon, Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva, Michael Jai White as Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger, James Hong as O-Sensei and Josh Keaton as Jeffrey Burr. Batman: The Animated Series' Bruce Timm is executive producing, with Sam Liu, known for Reign of the Supermen and Batman: The Killing Joke, directing and producing. Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge writer Jeremy Adams penned the --script. 

The film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment — and is the 42nd project in the ongoing DC Universe Movies series.

Batman: Soul of the Dragon is due out in early 2021.

Edited by Bosco685

16 minutes ago, Grails said:

Interesting note on James Hong is that he may be the most credited actor in the history of Hollywood with 672 credits. Well, 673 with his voice work in the above.
However, he will forever be this guy to me 👇

C837D594-F41C-41F9-AE82-1EA4423CA48D.jpeg

I was shocked to read recently he doesn't have a Hollywood star and people were raising funds to address this. Nuts!

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was shocked to read recently he doesn't have a Hollywood star and people were raising funds to address this. Nuts!

He has clearly earned a place there. I just read it costs 50k if the nomination is accepted to get a star. And the star has to show up. Clint Eastwood was offered a spot in front of the Chinese Theater and declined. That just makes him more badass.

E7983E08-BD8B-484E-A704-229CF3FF69C9.jpeg

Watched this movie last night. Solid 1970s martial arts film from beginning to the end. Including three additional characters that went scene-for-scene alongside Bruce Wayne without being treated as background filler.

I would definitely watch it again, and look forward to the sequel. :applause::banana:

I loved the 70’s vibe, especially the sound track. I’m not up on any of the supporting characters but understand Silver St Cloud was in the comics.

This was just a fun movie.

Watched this again last night. Outstanding!

And talk about fair and logical diversity versus studios placating people through obvious appeasement projects.

More of this. Please!