• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So much for the "CBCS has tougher grading for 9.8..."
1 1

108 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2020 at 7:01 PM, Drunken Android said:

Press it again...just to be safe. If necessary press it a third or fourth time. Can't be too careful

:whistle:....  see above results...  :bigsmile:

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

enjoy the book as it is.

If you absolutely must have a 9.8 on the label resubmit your copy until you get the number.

I paid for a 9.8 on the NM 98 because i was expecting my raw copy to be at best a 9.4 that i was going to flip when it came back.  But i was being cheap and paid for 9.8 cbcs because a 9.8 cgc was 100 more.  Now i regret that since that is the only downgrade i have ever suffered to date and costs more than the 100 i tried to save.  ALL cgc 9.8's i have submitted have stayed 9.8.  I do plan on pressing again when its time to add another sig to them.  Since i have 2 copies of 9.6 maybe one of them will come back 9.8

On 8/13/2020 at 4:18 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Pics or it didn’t happen...

Got the book back. It turned out even better. I sent this in with a bunch of books and forgot that this was a Purple 9.4. Came back a Blue (Yellow) 9.6 :banana:

Oddly, there are 4 pressable spine ticks that are still there. Either they didn't press it, or Quick Press is worse than I realized. 

s-l1600.jpg

DD158.sig800.jpg

Edited by MatterEaterLad

11 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Got the book back. It turned out even better. I sent this in with a bunch of books and forgot that this was a Purple 9.4. Came back a Blue 9.6 :banana:

Oddly, there are 4 pressable spine ticks that are still there. Either they didn't press it, or did a poor job. 

s-l1600.jpg

DD158.sig800.jpg

:facepalm:

Are you sure those pressable spine ticks aren’t colour-touched?:insane:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

8 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are you sure those pressable spine ticks aren’t colour-touched?:insane:

I would be flabbergasted by this book if it weren't for the one I sent in earlier this year that was C-1, had resto removed, and came back C-2 (with four more areas in the grader's notes). 

18 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I would be flabbergasted by this book if it weren't for the one I sent in earlier this year that was C-1, had resto removed, and came back C-2 (with four more areas in the grader's notes).