• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sacramento Collector's Show September 4

25 posts in this topic

Just a note that there will be a regional Comic Convention this Sunday, September 4 in Sacramento, CA.

web page link

Guests include Mark Waid, Ron Lim, Timothy Green II, Chris Marrinan, Daniel Cooney, and Dan Bereton.

SCOTTISH RITE CENTER

6151 H Street (near CSUS in Sacramento)

10am - 4pm Admission $5.00

I have no idea what I'm bringing actually... As usual, I haven't prepared at all. I don't even know where my box of Green Rivers are. tongue.gif

I guess we'll see how the lay of the land is tomorrow when I'm supposedly going to be going through comics all day/night.

I DID sign up for a booth at San Diego next year though... so that gives me almost a year not to prepare for that one too....

Plus WonderCon is in February next year...

I don't even know where my box of Green Rivers are. tongue.gif

You said that just to ruin my day! insane.gif

Don't worry Red, he loses them all the time. 27_laughing.gif Actually, unforunately it's true. foreheadslap.gif Maybe I'll just buy them all from Shin, then sell them to you for double. poke2.gifdevil.gif

Yeah, I'm not sure if I can do a show so soon after Sacramento... I'm only doing this one because Lisa felt like doing it. Maybe though.. depends on how tomorrow goes in terms of energy.

I also need a larger car. I may be able to borrow a Suburban from the office for Hayward. It literally holds twice as much as my Honda CR-V. Or should I say Lisa's CR-V. We bought the EX model and I'm sure Honda didn't realize that would mean that I was driving around in a large silver CR-V EX.. or the Honda Cervix as I like to call it. tongue.gif

Still haven't found that Green River box though... maybe I'm using it as a doorstop somewhere or to hold up a tabletop... I did find FFB's box of Spideys though and my variant boxes. You can never have too many copies of Cerebus Gold Zeroes...

It's every few months. It is small but fun. I missed this one but should be at the next.

Maybe I issed it - anyone got an overview of what this one was like? Any GA (horror) stuff there? Much in the way of movie paper? Is this thing annual or more frequent?

Not that much GA stuff, and very little horror. Nothing in the way of movie paper. it's a nice, smallish local show, and I think there are 2-4 a year.

It's pretty small...

You'll sometimes see ComicCollectorShop there with Heroes. Steve Wyatt was there with his Don Rosa collection. A-1 Comics, Dale's usually there with a new collection at great prices. (His garage sales are usually better to see the newest stuff though.) etc.

A fair amount of toys and merchandise there too. Lots of kids.

By the way, I DID eventually find my Green River box at around 5am when I started preparing for the Con... and I'm pretty sure I saw a Sgt. Fury 25 in there while at the convention.

I can't be sure since I was eating a sandwich at the time and the mustard/contents were falling out and dripping onto the mylars as I went through the box.

poke2.gifdevil.gif

I tend to measure enjoyment at comic cons now by how lucid I am given the number of hours of sleep I get the night before. (Usually less than 2 hours.) Since I pretty much blew off preparing for the con and got around 5-6 hours, I actually had a pretty good time.

A-1 actually packed up and left early.