• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

...and just for fun here are all the #1 1st prints in one place:

turtles boxes.jpg

I love this photo. This is the beginning of everything TMNT. 

I always look at that photo in wonder, knowing my copy is in one of those boxes. I ordered it from a wholesale distributor for less than the cover price. I guess it came directly out of one of those boxes and then was sent to the distributor who sent it to me with all the other comics I had ordered for that month. 

1 hour ago, tvindy said:

I always look at that photo in wonder, knowing my copy is in one of those boxes. I ordered it from a wholesale distributor for less than the cover price. I guess it came directly out of one of those boxes and then was sent to the distributor who sent it to me with all the other comics I had ordered for that month. 

Yup me too...I'm always trying to imagine which box mine is in...

You are an original owner...that's impressive, congrats. It took 20+ years before I was able to even see one first hand.

1 minute ago, engelhard said:

Here is some speculation for this thread.. TMNT #1 1st print will eventually be worth six figures

in 9.8 I think it already is...

someone please put one up for sale so we can verify this....

Edited by pubmonkey

On 12/11/2020 at 11:11 AM, Legion HQ said:

I ended up winning the 9.8 62 (original series final issue). I know I overpaid, but it's been a bear for me to find for years in 9.8. Soooo....Merry Christmas to me! Into the PC it goes.....

TMNT 62.jpeg

I'm the guy you outbid. Just know I've been cursing you for a week. LOL. 😂

Hey Gazoony - 

I'm in the process of selling/grading my TMNT's Mirage run, with expectations of some 9.8s (they are not graded yet, and look like 9.8's without ever being pressed)...  I have a full run of 1st prints from 4-22 and one-shots I want to sell to a good home, along with Grim Jack, and early reprints of #2 and #3... but it's time for me to downsize to my TMNT collection to 4 or 5 favourites.  I've posted a couple photos in "can you spare a grade".

I'm picking a few for me for the Eastman signing (I'm submitting my #1, Raphael, and #4 1st print at least.. and deciding on others) and I am hoping to sell the other 9.6-9.8's to someone else who wants to get Eastman to sign something, without having to crack a CGC case - it seems like too good of an opportunity to miss.  

Let me know if you're interested.  Cheers.

19 hours ago, Gazoony said:

I'm the guy you outbid. Just know I've been cursing you for a week. LOL. 😂

Oh no, sorry! Lol! You definitely know how tough that book is to find, let alone in 9.8 condition. You caught me in a moment of splurginess to finally get a copy.  :foryou:

9 hours ago, Zesty Taquito said:

Hey Gazoony - 

I'm in the process of selling/grading my TMNT's Mirage run, with expectations of some 9.8s (they are not graded yet, and look like 9.8's without ever being pressed)...  I have a full run of 1st prints from 4-22 and one-shots I want to sell to a good home, along with Grim Jack, and early reprints of #2 and #3... but it's time for me to downsize to my TMNT collection to 4 or 5 favourites.  I've posted a couple photos in "can you spare a grade".

I'm picking a few for me for the Eastman signing (I'm submitting my #1, Raphael, and #4 1st print at least.. and deciding on others) and I am hoping to sell the other 9.6-9.8's to someone else who wants to get Eastman to sign something, without having to crack a CGC case - it seems like too good of an opportunity to miss.  

Let me know if you're interested.  Cheers.

I just messaged you! 😎🐢

Wow... I mean, I can get the run up in issues 1 and 2, especially considering the print run. But this book, just like issues 4,5 were up to 60K print run already. So supply is definitely not an issue. Is the demand for Caseys first appeance REALLY that much higher than say April's first appearance in #2? Raphael is a classic cover but the cover to #4 (which came out as roughly same time) in particular is no slouch either. In ranking by 9.8 values, seems that this book is basically just behind issue 1st print and around 2nd print, then ahead of everything else (issues 2 and so on) 

1 hour ago, TMNT said:

Wow... I mean, I can get the run up in issues 1 and 2, especially considering the print run. But this book, just like issues 4,5 were up to 60K print run already. So supply is definitely not an issue. Is the demand for Caseys first appeance REALLY that much higher than say April's first appearance in #2? Raphael is a classic cover but the cover to #4 (which came out as roughly same time) in particular is no slouch either. In ranking by 9.8 values, seems that this book is basically just behind issue 1st print and around 2nd print, then ahead of everything else (issues 2 and so on) 

I found a 2nd print 4 in my lcs s bin for $15. It’s a VF but still was a no brainer.