• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Giant Size X-men #1
3 3

14 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I think that large crease prevents from hitting 5.0 (and some of the other colour breaking creases too). A press will guarantee 4.5 I feel and at least make it a tad more presentable. 

makes sense thanks

It appears to me that the upper staple is actually in backwards and does not go through the cover. The bottom one is harder to read but the damage to the front page from that lower staple is not insubstantial.  The entire relationship between the cover and the text is just odd. The book appears rippled from water damage, perhaps a mist . The cover indeed has color breaks and several well worn corners but the staples are my big issue and a press wont help with that. If it got slabbed, and sold, the buyer might well not be aware of the interior issues. It has a combination of good and terrible issues.  3.5

I would love feedback on that.