• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this counterfeiting?
2 2

44 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, G.A.tor said:

has anyone reported to ebay, via a copyright violation? just curious

I just reported about ten of his fakes as counterfeit. I wonder what Marvel and DC would think about it. 

I just sent Marvel an email >> https://www.marvel.com/help/category/11/topic/29#:~:text=If you are aware or,claim can be investigated properly.

Still looking for a way to inform DC.

Edited by Grandmaster B

I gotta say while I am outraged and I agree with everyone on this post this is not cool or ok in anyway. On some level I am impressed I mean to ask $100 a book (plus $4 shipping!) is a big balls move & his inventory is also impressive. Whoever he/she is they know something about comics, imho the dumb move was to not put replica on the inside cover and to change the size a bit or maybe even add a standard (R) mark on each page or something along those lines. Again I am not saying this is ok or cool in anyway just an observation. I also want to note exact high quality covers of many key GA/SA books have been around & even sold on these boards for years. I am not saying it's the same situation but they also could be used to scam the same newbie mentioned above, I bought a Hulk #1 cover here a few years ago (sold it as coverless) in our store but several times it fooled some less educated customers when it was on display. Let the buyer beware if the deal is just to good or stay with graded books if it's a high dollar book.

Edited by I am not Glenda

2 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

I gotta say while I am outraged and I agree with everyone on this post this is not cool or ok in anyway. On some level I am impressed I mean to ask $100 a book (plus $4 shipping!) is a big balls move & his inventory is also impressive. Whoever he/she is they know something about comics, imho the dumb move was to not put replica on the inside cover and to change the size a bit or maybe even add a standard (R) mark on each page or something along those lines. Again I am not saying this is ok or cool in anyway just an observation. I also want to note exact high quality covers of many key GA/SA books have been around & even sold on these boards for years. I am not saying it's the same situation but they also could be used to scam the same newbie mentioned above, I bought a Hulk #1 cover here a few years ago (sold it as coverless) in our store but several times it fooled some less educated customers when it was on display. Let the buyer beware if the deal is just to good or stay with graded books if it's a high dollar book.

Even if he marked the books as replicas, they're not his intellectual property to be profiting from. There's also a Brazilian seller doing the same thing, and at least one or two others in on the game.

Even the guys just selling the replica covers have no legal right to be doing so.

Ultimately it's dealers and collectors who stand to be scammed by these counterfeits.

I certainly do think the market exists for Marvel and DC to print their own legit replicas of key books on the original paper type, and clearly marked at the bottom of each page. Maybe they will, seeing as how the unauthorised versions are selling for a $100 per copy.