• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

I have learned over many years buying off eBay that trying to figure out why the scammer is doing what he's doing is pointless, if it feels like a scam then it always is. I've "been scammed" many times and I put that in quotes because I've never lost a dime. 

This one is clearly a scam. I would bet if you Google enough you can find these pics somewhere else online. It's most likely an account takeover. Anyone here who has messaged him or bid will eventually get an email from eBay advising of the takeover. 

29 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Seems like he would happily take the $5K to get stained boxes of worthless books out of his mom's basement before she throws them out.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he would if he had them . I'm saying chances are he doesn't have any of the comics pictured so there's nothing to ship. 

The fact he's saying they're all packed up so he conveniently can't provide any additional pictures is a big red flag. 

Maybe but then there are instances where I was a few minutes late to the part and someone sold a $800 book on eBay the other day for a BIN of around $150. 

So... you never know. 

No, I am not telling anyone the book since I still want a copy. 

Edited by Buzzetta

OK, here are the Hulk pix the guys sent me overnight. He says he got a family member to take them. The only interiors shots provided are from #1. There's some light staining at the top of the pages if that gives anyone comfort!

s-l1600e.thumb.jpg.574921427ca854ddb98bc881c724600e.jpgs-l1600d.thumb.jpg.82c5cd87ac847e24f26ca3eacee739ef.jpgs-l1600c.thumb.jpg.00e8238b06a6745ee892b4628d25f33d.jpgs-l1600b.thumb.jpg.456100486bd4bd28ab8e7fd19d7eae49.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.7395416ee12929f3daa43adf869f6aaa.jpg

Edited by kustomizer

3 hours ago, RonS2112 said:

Yes, those replicas aka counterfeits are going to play havoc with the market. I can't believe how blatant that guy is in selling them on eBay.

Edited by kustomizer

what are the differences between those reprints and orig-surely there must be something.  Wish Marvel would stop with this.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

what are the differences between those reprints and orig-surely there must be something.  Wish Marvel would stop with this.

It looks like some of them are poorly trimmed, with white space at the top or bottom. And I guess the fact that they look (and are) brand new should be a red flag. But I suspect these are going to fool a LOT of non-experts in the near future.

1 minute ago, kustomizer said:

It looks like some of them are poorly trimmed, with white space at the top or bottom. And I guess the fact that they look (and are) brand new should be a red flag. But I suspect these are going to fool a LOT of non-experts in the near future.

as is that looks like a 7.5 at least-hard to believe he never slabbed it but slabbed that dollar box adventure 395.

42 minutes ago, kustomizer said:

OK, here are the Hulk pix the guys sent me overnight. He says he got a family member to take them. The only interiors shots provided are from #1. There's some light staining at the top of the pages if that gives anyone comfort!

s-l1600e.thumb.jpg.574921427ca854ddb98bc881c724600e.jpgs-l1600d.thumb.jpg.82c5cd87ac847e24f26ca3eacee739ef.jpgs-l1600c.thumb.jpg.00e8238b06a6745ee892b4628d25f33d.jpgs-l1600b.thumb.jpg.456100486bd4bd28ab8e7fd19d7eae49.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.7395416ee12929f3daa43adf869f6aaa.jpg

Looks like it's a legitimate 2-6, with a coverless #1 with a repro cover?

6 minutes ago, stock_rotation said:

Looks like it's a legitimate 2-6, with a coverless #1 with a repro cover?

Yeah, I would only be a player on these if I could inspect them in person. I live in Australia, so that's not going to happen. If anyone who lives nearby is interested, I'd suggest asking the guy if you can check them out -- and will pay very well if you like them,