• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DD 9 staple area
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Received this Daredevil 11 book yesterday. It was described as a VF 8.0 and pressing was disclosed. Book is generally nice and clean of issues. However, looking it over, I see a damaged area by the top staple at the spine. Any ideas what might have happened or caused this? Not sure I want to keep it.

Thanks for any input.

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

3 hours ago, silverweb said:

yes, already pressed. I get the bent staple, but it may be original. There looks like a tear beneath it on the spine, that is kinda suspicious.

Wonder if the staple was removed and then re-inserted? That would account for the wear that appears to be where a staple once sat. 

6 hours ago, joeypost said:

This was already pressed? 

Staples with an indent like this, while not common, do happen from time to time. If it were damaged during pressing I am not sure how it could have happened. 

To be clear, the staple itself being bent does not look like a pressing artifact.  However, the wear on the book and the impacted staple absolutely looks like damage from pressing to me (not something I'd expect from you but many others seem capable of this).  2c

1 hour ago, silverweb said:

Thanks for the input, guys.

I would imagine this was just thrown into a press. Doesn't look like a detailed dry cleaning was done, or any other work that was really needed to get this book as good as it could be. 

It also looks like most of the paper around the staple is present, which could have been fixed to increase the overall appearance of the defect.