• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official November Heritage Auction Thread
2 2

411 posts in this topic

Great diversity of comic art in this auction.  Golden age Lee Elias art (Black Cat and PCH covers), Kirby pages (including early X-51), Romita Spider-Man, complete EC CSS story, Frazetta art, several pages from Strange Tales #101, etc.

:popcorn:

21 hours ago, Norinn Radd said:

Great diversity of comic art in this auction.  Golden age Lee Elias art (Black Cat and PCH covers), Kirby pages (including early X-51), Romita Spider-Man, complete EC CSS story, Frazetta art, several pages from Strange Tales #101, etc.

:popcorn:

Yup, lots of nice things I'd like to add to my collection (thumbsu

On 11/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, First Upgrade said:

This McSpidey is currently at $49.2k w/BP...I guesstimate that it will have breezed past $65k(all in), before the floor bidding begins...let's all recalibrate.

[...wonder if 'they' will throw another Nason/McSpidey page out in one of the Sunday auctions before the next Signature auction?]

20201107_150924.jpg

...$69k w/BP. Live auction tomorrow...

Carson.jpg

1 hour ago, gumbydarnit said:

I'M GONNA CLEAN UP! I'm fixin' to fill a lot of holes in my collection, I just need the prices to hold steady for 2 days.

Hey a man can dream can't he?

That's been me with this one, too.  There's a small handful of things that I'd love to own any one of, that are all at lower-than-expected numbers this close to the live.  I'm feeling a bit like Charlie Brown getting ready to take another kick at the football.  I know how it's all gonna end, but hope springs eternal...

I was not expecting that deadpool cover to sell for $25k and the double page splash title page for $14k. I was blown out of the water on that one. Those along with the other pages in this auction and the ones from last time make me think this is a deadpool collector with a nice collection cashing out.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:57 AM, ESeffinga said:

For the uninitiated, what are we looking at here (besides a painting that looks straight out of Jr High art class of course)?

Im assuming some form of Magic card or something, but no copy up at that Heritage link. From an early set I presume, since so much of the art in later sets is so much more accomplished. Dumb old guys wanna know. :)

On 9/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, Bronty said:

OA for one of the key cards from the first set.  That’s all you need to know.  

And if anyone is looking for evidence that MTG original art collecting has come into its own, this auction provided it.  I don't know what preliminary estimates were, but one of the pieces finished at $168K all in, with another finishing at $114K.  For pieces that appear to have sold solely on nostalgia (no offence to the original artists, I'm sure their mothers were proud of them) that strikes me as incredibly strong pricing.