• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
3 3

229 posts in this topic

Uncle  Scrooge 153

Teensy  chips  at upper and lower  spine,   likely  from   production  I'm  thinking,   because  the  balance 
of  the book  is  news  stand  fresh.  

Asking  $25

5V0WgHx.jpg

Space  Family  Robinson 4 

Spine  roll,   general  wear.  White  pages.  Nice  end  of  reader copy.

Asking $5  SOLD!

O5buZgX.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Peanuts giveaway, 1968
From  the Chicago  Tribune, March 10

Kind of like  the  format  of a Spirit  section,  came in the  newspaper,  fold  and  trim one  edge  and  you  have 
a sixteen  page full color booklet.  Only one  I've  ever seen. A bit  wider,  by  maybe  an  eighth  of  an  inch,  than a standard
 GA  backing  board, so  a  full  quarter  inch  larger  than a   GA  comic in that  dimension,  fits nicely  in  a  GA  bag
in the  other dimension,  

Not  listed in  O'street. 

Asking  $20  SOLD!

qamYbrl.jpg

Edited by catrick339

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Peanuts giveaway, 1968
From  the Chicago  Tribune, March 10

Kind of like  the  format  of a Spirit  section,  came in the  newspaper,  fold  and  trim one  edge  and  you  have 
a sixteen  page full color booklet.  Only one  I've  ever seen. A bit  wider,  by  maybe  an  eighth  of  an  inch,  than a standard
 GA  backing  board, so  a  full  quarter  inch  larger  than a   GA  comic in that  dimension,  fits nicely  in  a  GA  bag
in the  other dimension,  

Not  listed in  O'street. 

Asking  $20

qamYbrl.jpg

Take

Amazing Spider-Man 32

Smack  dab  in  the  middle  of  the  best  Ditko   story  arc,  at least in  MY  opinion.

Solid  reader,   not  a  lick  better. General  wear,   water stains,   odd little  b-b  sized indents  in  the  front  cover.  
Tight  with  offwhite  pages,  but  fair sized  corner off   an ad  page,  and   a  bug  chew  upper  edge  near  the spine. 

Asking  $10  SOLD!

bth8qzY.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Gunsmoke Western 68

'Well,   here's  one  of  those  odd  ducks  right  on  the  cusp  of  the  change  from   10  cent  cover to  12  cent  cover. 
The standard  10 cent  round  bullet  that  Marvel  used  at  that  time has been  blacked out,  and not  particularly well
because  you  can  still   read  the  original  price  underneath.  A 12 cent  price  is  stamped  on  just  below.  

The question in  my  mind is,  how  were  the  black  blot and  the  new price  applied?  Did  some poor  wage  slave 
at  the printers  sit there with  a  couple  hand  stamps?  If they  were  going  to  change  the price,  why  not  cut  a 
new  price  bullet and  replace  the original  price  for  part of the run?  Did  a decision  come down  from  corporate
somewhere  after  all  the  cover  run  had  been  printed,  and  whatever  was  left  was  run  through  some  machine
with just  a  black  blot and price  plate?  

Anyone  who  has  an  answer  feel  free  to chime  in,  I  is confruzzled.  

Anyway,  it's odd enough  to be  separated  out  in  O'street. 

General  wear,  good sized  dogear upper RH FC  with dogears on  several pages  behind it. Good gloss,   white  pages,
tight  spine  and  CF. 

And of  course,   the  Mystery  Blot, 

Asking  $20  SOLD!

5EZNPmE.jpg

Edited by catrick339

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Gunsmoke Western 68

'Well,   here's  one  of  those  odd  ducks  right  on  the  cusp  of  the  change  from   10  cent  cover to  12  cent  cover. 
The standard  10 cent  round  bullet  that  Marvel  used  at  that  time has been  blacked out,  and not  particularly well
because  you  can  still   read  the  original  price  underneath.  A 12 cent  price  is  stamped  on  just  below.  

The question in  my  mind is,  how  were  the  black  blot and  the  new price  applied?  Did  some poor  wage  slave 
at  the printers  sit there with  a  couple  hand  stamps?  If they  were  going  to  change  the price,  why  not  cut  a 
new  price  bullet and  replace  the original  price  for  part of the run?  Did  a decision  come down  from  corporate
somewhere  after  all  the  cover  run  had  been  printed,  and  whatever  was  left  was  run  through  some  machine
with just  a  black  blot and price  plate?  

Anyone  who  has  an  answer  feel  free  to chime  in,  I  is confruzzled.  

Anyway,  it's odd enough  to be  separated  out  in  O'street. 

General  wear,  good sized  dogear upper RH FC  with dogears on  several pages  behind it. Good gloss,   white  pages,
tight  spine  and  CF. 

And of  course,   the  Mystery  Blot, 

Asking  $20

5EZNPmE.jpg

Take

Sing of Christmas,  1951?  Ben Franklin  giveaway.

Not listed as far as  I  can  tell.  Sixteen color pages,  and  each page  has  a  Christmas  illustration  and  the  sheet  music
for  a  Christmas  carol.   I'm  guessing  at  the  copyright date,  pretty  certain  the  third  digit is a 5, but the  fourth is  just a blotch. 

Flat,  clean,  tight,  white pages. 

Asking  $15  SOLD!

LQ3sieS.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Little  Lotta 95

Quarter  inch  tear upper  edge  FC.  bit of general  wear.   Tight,  flat,  glossy,   white  pages.

Asking  $10  SOLD!

03HinAM.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 467

Minty  fresh,  except for  a printers crease  lower  RH FC, more or less  parallel  with  the bat.  White  pages.

Asking $10

P32kCiS.jpg

Richie Rich 96

Faint  whiff  of  stacking roll,  bit of general  wear.    Tight,   glossy,  white pages, small ink  scribble lower  FC. 

Asking  $5  SOLD!

mozRxHT.jpg

Edited by catrick339

13 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Sing of Christmas,  1951?  Ben Franklin  giveaway.

Not listed as far as  I  can  tell.  Sixteen color pages,  and  each page  has  a  Christmas  illustration  and  the  sheet  music
for  a  Christmas  carol.   I'm  guessing  at  the  copyright date,  pretty  certain  the  third  digit is a 5, but the  fourth is  just a blotch. 

Flat,  clean,  tight,  white pages. 

Asking  $15

Take

Marge's Little  Lulu 62 

Bit of general  wear,  NCB  vertical  creases  a couple inches in  from  spine,  dogear  lower  RH  FC.  
Tight  spine  and CF,   good  gloss,  white pages. 

Asking  $15

0vlUOkv.jpg

Beep Beep The Roadrunner 83, file copy

Whiff  of  wear  lower  RH  FC,  otherwise  news stand  fresh.  White pages. 

Asking  $10  SOLD!

HkMYso0.jpg

Edited by catrick339