• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181
3 3

29 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, Funnybooks said:

Not enough sunsceen?

That's what I was wondering!  I didn't even think it was possible for a book to get this SEVERELY faded?  Do you have any information about the book's history?  Has this copy been on display in direct sunlight for the past 60 years?

And it's interesting to see how the degree of fading appears to be consistent, and seems so to have dramatically altered all colours, while the black inking looks relatively unaffected so none of the art's details are washed out!  Very interesting example showing the potential ravages of time! lol  

Edited by StreetPreacher

1 minute ago, StreetPreacher said:

That's what I was wondering!  I didn't even think it was possible for a book to get this SEVERELY faded?  Do you have any information about the book's history?  Has this copy been on display in direct sunlight for the past 60 years?

And it's interesting to see how the degree of fading appears to be consistent, and seems so to have dramatically altered all colours, while the black inking looks relatively unaffected so none of the art's details are washed out!  Very interesting example showing the potential ravages of time! lol  

Lol, The person said they he left it on the wall. I guess he like the sun.