Amazing OA group picture...!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

270 posts
2 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Why? Man, if collectors saw the way that artists care for and toss around their art, they would lose their sh**.

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

Why?  Its not going to burst into flames.

I know...I know... Just with the money that gets spent on art nowadays, it feels like my duty to care for it to the best of my ability. Paper isn't the sturdiest of materials and once damage is incurred, there isn't a lot of going back. Just me being paranoid (shrug)

2,582 posts
1 minute ago, Varanis said:

I know...I know... Just with the money that gets spent on art nowadays, it feels like my duty to care for it to the best of my ability. Paper isn't the sturdiest of materials and once damage is incurred, there isn't a lot of going back. Just me being paranoid (shrug)

I'm with you. I totally would've kept it all in their mylars (and the glare would've been enough to burn a hole through the ceiling).

2,130 posts
7 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Eh. Not a single Phantom Stranger image seems to be the pile.

Wait until you see the guest bedroom floor pictures

2,130 posts
4 minutes ago, sfilosa said:

I have respect for him as he post his new acquisitions and puts his art on CAF. I like people that want to show off their collection. Doesn't matter if you have $5k or $5 mm, show it off!!!!2c

Honestly, having my collection on CAF and organized, getting comments, etc. is just another way I enjoy the hobby (that doesn't cost money).:acclaim:

well said - I agree

641 posts

Nice collection.  He's clearly dedicating $$$ towards art and not the ladder.  Orange ladders are only rated for 300 lbs.  Now, yellow ladders are rated for 375 lbs. Although, I have a yellow ladder and it's only rated for 250 lbs.  Blah...

Edited by Will_K

1,746 posts

Who is the artist for the abstract Gulden's Mustard painting on the wall?  hm

940 posts
7 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Truth

7 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Why? Man, if collectors saw the way that artists care for and toss around their art, they would lose their sh**.

I was able to comp a TV interview person today with a field sketch my artist wife had put in the trash.  David

Clarify...

My remark was about any artist's perceived value of their work!  My artist wife throws stuff out, and if I'm lucky, I can rescue art from the trash ( in my own home! ) 

We had a local TV station anchor come by to do a feature about Julie's carport art venue in the COVID era, and she was a very pleasant 20 something, and did a nice job taking video and gopro for over an hour for a 2 minute segment, so I gave her a small piece as a thank you.

Thanks, Elissa!   WCAX  Vermont

Sorry for the odd post, busy day.  David

Edited by aokartman
clarify

5,573 posts
6 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

So totally true. It's not really precious like that. Unless you "Steve Wynn" it.

My entire collection, save what's up on walls is "on the floor". I'm a fan of floor. Solid.

1,168 posts
4 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Wait until you see the guest bathroom floor pictures

Fixed that for you...

2,622 posts
1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

Fixed that for you...

That’s where my other half suggested I post the Omaha the Cat Dancer art I liked. 

2,622 posts

All that’s missing from this thread.

🍺🍺🍺🍺:tink:🍺🍺🍺🍺