• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on Modern or Economy

3 posts in this topic

Newbie here,

I have a She Hulk #1 in great shape- at 9.6+ it's worth over $200, but if it's graded at 9.2 maybe its worth less than $200.  How does CGC determine how much to charge?

If I submit it as Modern and it grades really high do I get charged for Economy?

If I submit it as Economy and it grades low do I get charged for Modern?

How should i submit it?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, iexx said:

Newbie here,

I have a She Hulk #1 in great shape- at 9.6+ it's worth over $200, but if it's graded at 9.2 maybe its worth less than $200.  How does CGC determine how much to charge?

If I submit it as Modern and it grades really high do I get charged for Economy?

How should i submit it?

Thanks!

Submit under the tier that corresponds to the book’s current market value(as is - raw, ungraded).

6 hours ago, iexx said:

Newbie here,

How should i submit it?

Thanks!

Another way to look at it would be to value it for its replacement  value. Ie if something happens  to it while CGC has it or while in transit back to you then what would it cost you to go out and bug a comparable issue.

You can declare any value you want.   CGC can always charge you more if they deem to though im not sure that happens often