• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays Euro HA auction - Sean Murphy
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Sean Murphy Batman pieces have been commanding some (I think) impressive numbers at auction. Todays HA auction seems to be continued confirmation of the trend with a few more strong  data points.

Recent HA auctions: https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=790+231&Nty=1&Ntt=sean+murphy&ic10=ArchiveTab-071515

10/3    S ean Murphy Batman: White Knight#2 Splash Planche 24 (DC, 2018)...: $6,250 

10/3    Sean Murphy Batman: White Knight #5 Planche 20 (DC, 2018).... $4,000

9/12    Sean Murphy Batman: Curse of White Knight #4 Page 17 (DC Comics, 2018).... $2,640 (Albert Moy was selling at NJ con for $3,500)

7/10    Sean Murphy Batman: Curse of the White Knight #5 Splash Page 22 Original Art (DC Comics, 2020)....  $6,600

Recent CLink auctions: https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dsean%2Bmurphy%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCA&id=1387107

6/2 Sean Murphy Batman: White Knight #7 Page 4 (DC, 2018  $3,600 + 3% buyers premium = $3,708

Is todays strong showing because the art was part of the European comic art auction - Sean has a strong EU/French following and seeing more of his art on 2DG. 

Also, based on todays HA auction prices that CLink page looks like a steal! 

Congratulations to all the winners! All fantastic art. 

Edited by Stefanomjr

I have to go back and see what these sold for originally from the artist before analyzing if these results were impressive in comparison....I only have a memory of my eyebrows being burned off at seeing the numbers when originally offered. 

3 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I have to go back and see what these sold for originally from the artist before analyzing if these results were impressive in comparison....I only have a memory of my eyebrows being burned off at seeing the numbers when originally offered. 

Couldn't find any history on the majority:

Issue 5 of Curse sold complete, the splash was up for sale by the owner on his website for 3,600 euro and sold for $6,600 on HA 

16 hours ago, batman_fan said:

This piece certainly did very well.  $62,500 all in.

It was at just over $20k before the live bidding started but it is an Easter Beagle piece.

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 6.29.33 PM.png

Little Ape was just 2 months old when this was created. Live bidding always breaks your heart. Easter and happy dance Snoopy made this one irresistible and for grapeape unobtainable.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Little Ape was just 2 months old when this was created. Live bidding always breaks your heart. Easter and happy dance Snoopy made this one irresistible and for grapeape unobtainable.

The one thing I couldn't tell is if it was trimmed.  From the pictures it looked like it might have been.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

The one thing I couldn't tell is if it was trimmed.  From the pictures it looked like it might have been.

That's a good observation. Is it trimmed or was the pic edited right at the border? I can live with a lot of condition issues though I loathe unnecessary restoration projects. Congrats to the winner nothing really detracting and could be just the way photo is edited. I was with you batman_fan early this morning around $20k I prayed this stayed sub $35K. If you love Snoopy (I do) this is the page. Now in a daily I'd like at least 1 Charlie Brown and 1 Snoopy.

30 minutes ago, grapeape said:

That's a good observation. Is it trimmed or was the pic edited right at the border? I can live with a lot of condition issues though I loathe unnecessary restoration projects. Congrats to the winner nothing really detracting and could be just the way photo is edited. I was with you batman_fan early this morning around $20k I prayed this stayed sub $35K. If you love Snoopy (I do) this is the page. Now in a daily I'd like at least 1 Charlie Brown and 1 Snoopy.

I still need strips the have:

Lucy and Schroder at the Piano (I have a Charlie Brown and Schroder)

Lucy and Charlie Brown at the Psychiatrist Booth

Something with Sally

Something more Linus focused

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I still need strips the have:

Lucy and Schroder at the Piano (I have a Charlie Brown and Schroder)

Lucy and Charlie Brown at the Psychiatrist Booth

Something with Sally

Something more Linus focused

What about:

Charlie Brown and Peppermint Pattie

Peppermint Pattie and Marcie

Snoopy and Woodstock

and the ultimate holy grail... 

Snoopy and Spike

On 10/3/2020 at 7:31 PM, batman_fan said:

This piece certainly did very well.  $62,500 all in.

It was at just over $20k before the live bidding started but it is an Easter Beagle piece.

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 6.29.33 PM.png

Got this in an email today and thought of you @batman_fan  ....This is the perfect display piece to set off your P-NuTz gallery

441622233_ScreenShot2020-10-06at6_40_57PM.thumb.png.28913ec05c95f370247fb7b21f6a9c12.png