• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your CGC White Pagers! WHITE PAGE Appreciation Thread!
3 3

516 posts in this topic

While White Page are very nice, I personally don't understand paying extra for something not visible in a slab. I also don't collectors who will pay more for a 9.4w than 9.6 ow/w. To each their own of course and on raw books it does make some sense but again to me not if in a slab. Talking difference between w and ow/w or even ow only , I can understand some collectors not wanting cream or especially brown pages as it may be evidence of improper storage.

Edited by MAR1979

To me, it's simple.  I collected comic books and not comic book covers, and so wanted the preservation of the interior pages and story in my collection to be as nice as possible.

Your mileage may vary.

Edited by namisgr

On 11/13/2021 at 6:15 AM, MAR1979 said:

While White Page are very nice, I personally don't understand paying extra for something not visible in a slab. I also don't collectors who will pay more for a 9.4w than 9.6 ow/w. To each their own of course and on raw books it does make some sense but again to me not if in a slab. Talking difference between w and ow/w or even ow only , I can understand some collectors not wanting cream or especially brown pages as it may be evidence of improper storage.

5u1epp.jpg

Are they paying "extra" though?  I don't know if there's "data" on this kind of thing, but I can tell you a couple of the books I posted were won at auction and for way under the FMV at the time.  As far as I know, CGC does not increase or decrease the grade based on page quality.

Regardless of what I think, there are collectors for whom "white pages" is a key component of a book they buy, and I suspect some will in fact pay "extra" to get that quality.  I haven't really been selling books, but I would be happy to take more for a 9.2 white pages than a 9.2 O/W - W pages book.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:15 AM, MAR1979 said:

5u1epp.jpg

Although the page quality is obviously not visible on slabs, "white pages" typically represents the over-all health and excellent storage environment of the book over the years.  I've also found that most White pagers have vibrant cover colors and inks which give them great eye appeal to collectors.  Not to say you can't find that with other page qualities, but I enjoy collecting them and have paid premiums for almost all nice looking White pagers, especially tough to find ones, and have not regretted it at all :takeit: